Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teams lining up for Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The CAP issue is not nearly as bad next year as it is now. Reese will likely sign Cruz long term during the season.
    so you are that confident that no one will be willing to give up in the neighborhood of 10m per plus their first round pick? U think its to rich?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
      dude change that avatar PLEASE
      Don't make me report you for homophobia.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
        so you are that confident that no one will be willing to give up in the neighborhood of 10m per plus their first round pick? U think its to rich?
        I do, yes. Is it impossible, of course not.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

        Comment


        • #94
          Sorry, 8-10 million annually:

          http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...qMvKqFlZLrp39M

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by TuckandRolle View Post
            That's a media guess
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #96
              Fueling the fire: Front page of nfl.com

              http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...er-eyes-market

              Comment


              • #97
                This article by Ian Rapoport just came out. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...er-eyes-market

                1. Restricted free agency won't be lame

                At this point, it's almost a foregone conclusion. Teams assign their own players with restricted free-agent tenders ... and then nothing happens. Could this year be different? Arizona Cardinals quarterback Brian Hoyer is still a restricted free agent on a technicality, and he could garner some interest. If he's tendered at a second-round level, that might be an investment worth making. But Victor Cruz is the most interesting. The New York Giants slot receiver will almost certainly receive a first-round tender if the team can't work out a long-term deal with him. And from what I hear, there is already a ton of interest and plenty of teams just waiting for their opening. Yes, it's tough to gauge a market on slot guys like Wes Welker, Danny Amendola and Cruz -- especially in systems that so clearly benefit them. But there is enough interest in Cruz to make me think this could be the year someone bites on an RFA. And if no one takes the plunge on Cruz? Then it may be time to wonder how effective this system really is.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  That's a media guess
                  Roanoke never made educated guesses before supposedly.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by ibbill View Post
                    He will lose a few million in endorsements also. Have yet to see any NYG player that left do well with another team over the past 4 or 5 years.

                    Cruz will be as good as the QB that is throwing him the ball and thats a fact Jack lol.
                    I agree with you...... a lot of a former Giants player the last 5 or so years who left and were COMPLETELY un-successful...... Seems the ones I can remember busted, or wound up on a losing team....I understand they went for the $$...and you can't blame them...but....
                    SS (Ol doc Warren hit the nail on the head with that call)
                    Jake Ballard never played a down with the Patriots
                    Derrick Ward busted and is now retired
                    Look at Brandon Jacobs...hated it in San Fran
                    Shockey never fared that well in N.O.
                    Plaxico
                    Kevin Boss probably screwed himself the most along with Steve Smith
                    Gabril Wilson left for a huge contract in I believe Raiders....never panned out
                    Barry Cofield is the only one I can think of that fared well when he left.
                    Last edited by bklyn1028; 03-08-2013, 01:33 PM.
                    I miss Red Hook

                    Comment


                    • Teams are not lining up for RFAs. You have to trade picks, and pay a boatload of money -- the two worst things imaginable to a GM. If a team is desperate for a WR, Wallace and Jennings are available.
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TuckandRolle View Post
                        Fueling the fire: Front page of nfl.com

                        http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...er-eyes-market
                        We will know soon enough. Maybe they won't tender him at all?

                        Cruz is not the only talented WR available and some don't require a draft pick
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
                          This article by Ian Rapoport just came out. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...er-eyes-market

                          1. Restricted free agency won't be lame

                          At this point, it's almost a foregone conclusion. Teams assign their own players with restricted free-agent tenders ... and then nothing happens. Could this year be different? Arizona Cardinals quarterback Brian Hoyer is still a restricted free agent on a technicality, and he could garner some interest. If he's tendered at a second-round level, that might be an investment worth making. But Victor Cruz is the most interesting. The New York Giants slot receiver will almost certainly receive a first-round tender if the team can't work out a long-term deal with him. And from what I hear, there is already a ton of interest and plenty of teams just waiting for their opening. Yes, it's tough to gauge a market on slot guys like Wes Welker, Danny Amendola and Cruz -- especially in systems that so clearly benefit them. But there is enough interest in Cruz to make me think this could be the year someone bites on an RFA. And if no one takes the plunge on Cruz? Then it may be time to wonder how effective this system really is.
                          Sounds like pure speculation. Of course a team can bite and go after a player with a 1st round tender, but so far since the league has implemented it no team has done it (that I am aware of)And for good reason, 1st round picks are your future and you get them for at-least 4-5 years on rookie contracts. Also if a team gives up a 1st they have to be willing to spend a lot of money long term on a player. The best run franchises draft smart and pick up key free agents instead of the big free agent splash.

                          Giants fan since the early 80s

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            We will know soon enough. Maybe they won't tender him at all?

                            Cruz is not the only talented WR available and some don't require a draft pick
                            The only way that happens if he is signed before FA starts. Getting a decent 1st round pick for Cruz would soften the blow a bit.

                            Comment


                            • I think most of you all are in denial regarding the possibility of this happening.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bklyn1028 View Post
                                I agree with you...... a lot of a former Giants player the last 5 or so years who left and were COMPLETELY un-successful...... Seems the ones I can remember busted, or wound up on a losing team....
                                SS (Ol doc Warren hit the nail on the head with that call)
                                Ballard never played
                                Derrick Ward busted and is now retired
                                Shockey never fared that well in N.O.
                                Plaxico
                                Kevin Boss probably screwed himself the most along with Steve Smith
                                Gabril Wilson left for a huge contract in I believe Raiders....never panned out
                                Barry Cofield is the only one I can think of that fared well when he left.
                                Manningham was playing well last year before going down. I think he will rebound for SF.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X