Teams lining up for Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    The only way that happens if he is signed before FA starts. Getting a decent 1st round pick for Cruz would soften the blow a bit.
    Maybe Reese just thinks any FA receiver coming on Eli's team can replace Cruz
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by rtlax View Post
      Manningham was playing well last year before going down. I think he will rebound for SF.
      Colin Cowherd had a good stat on pro bowler receivers leaving a team for another. Something like only 18percent end up at another pro bowl. I always think thats more attributed to the type of teams that can afford these FAs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jahh View Post
        I think most of you all are in denial regarding the possibility of this happening.
        It is possible, it's not probable.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Jahh View Post
          I think most of you all are in denial regarding the possibility of this happening.
          I am sure the Giants are not in denial and are preparing for the draft as if they might have 2 1st round picks. Its a business it happens and as fans we have to move and trust the organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
            I will just NEVER understand some of you people.... Do you watch the Giants? You would love to give up Cruz for a #1 pick? Are you high? Cruz is the oil that makes the offense run. Nicks is ALWAYS hurting with nagging injuries, Randle is somewhat still unproven, but I think he could fill Nicks spot. I honestly, truely can not fathem what some of you say on this board sometimes.

Cruz, Eli, JPP are all worth well more then just a lat first round pick, which is what the Giants would get.

If we lose Cruz, we might as well start rebioulding IMO. Cut Rolle, Webster, Snee, Tuck, anyone over 30.... Cause if Cruz leaves, we wont be able to replace him. We got EXTREMELY lucky he emerged after we lost Smith. Cruz IMO is a top 10, if not top 5 WR in this league with a HUGE impact on the offense.
            I think you are the high one my friend, Nicks is clearly the best receiver on the team, and judging by what has happened so far this offseason, he was clearly the organization's #1 priority as far as WRs are concerned. As far as him being injury prone is concerned, last year was the only year so far he has had injury problems, yet he still played 13 out of the 16 games. Losing a slot receiver is not going to to cripple this team contrary to your belief. Cruz had a great year in 2011, last year he did pretty well also, however he was not a top 10 let alone a top 5 WR last year where he saw the most targets on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              It is possible, it's not probable.
              Probable is a synonym of possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by bklyn1028 View Post
                I agree with you...... a lot of a former Giants player the last 5 or so years who left and were COMPLETELY un-successful...... Seems the ones I can remember busted, or wound up on a losing team....I understand they went for the $$...and you can't blame them...but....SS (Ol doc Warren hit the nail on the head with that call)Jake Ballard never played a down with the PatriotsDerrick Ward busted and is now retiredLook at Brandon Jacobs...hated it in San FranShockey never fared that well in N.O.PlaxicoKevin Boss probably screwed himself the most along with Steve SmithGabril Wilson left for a huge contract in I believe Raiders....never panned outBarry Cofield is the only one I can think of that fared well when he left.
                fred Robbins I think did okay for himself. Jacobs never played. MM did the beat but tore ACL
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Oh another flop. Kamika Mitchell
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                    Oh another flop. Kamika Mitchell
                    Yeah, because he really worked out in Buffalo.
                    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Mitchell was only signed for one year. He served his purpose well here.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
                        I think you are the high one my friend, Nicks is clearly the best receiver on the team, and judging by what has happened so far this offseason, he was clearly the organization's #1 priority as far as WRs are concerned. As far as him being injury prone is concerned, last year was the only year so far he has had injury problems, yet he still played 13 out of the 16 games. Losing a slot receiver is not going to to cripple this team contrary to your belief. Cruz had a great year in 2011, last year he did pretty well also, however he was not a top 10 let alone a top 5 WR last year where he saw the most targets on the team.
                        Agree 100% when Nicks isn't on the field the Giants don't have anyone that can win consistently on the outside. Like it or not its easier for a Wr to win on inside rather than it is on the outside. When Nicks wasn't on the field everybody else's production took a significant drop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
                          Probable is a synonym of possible.
                          And the definition of synonym accounts for discrepancies between use of the intended word, and the synonym-form.
                          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
                            the difference between Cruz and most slot guys, like say a SS that Was just a possession WR is this.... Cruz had mad YAC turning ordinary short passes into incredible 75 yard plus scoring plays. You don't normally get that with a slot guy

4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                              And the definition of synonym accounts for discrepancies between use of the intended word, and the synonym-form.
                              Roanoke ignored me a long time ago. I am busting chops. You don't think I know this? LOL

Comment

Kavika Mitchell played well here

Comment

Working...
                                X