X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TuckandRolle
    started a topic Teams lining up for Cruz

Teams lining up for Cruz

Have read numerous articles that teams are supposedly lining up to make Cruz an offer once FA starts. Public knowledge indicates the GMen will put a first round tender on him so if a team makes him an offer we don't match. We get their 1st round pick. Because the Rams have 2 first round draft picks, I've been hearing they very well use one of those picks to make Cruz a substantial long term offer.

Obviously tampering allegations would be enforced if a team publicly expressed the interest to make an offer to an RFA prior to the FA period, so this all could be a smoke screen being produced by Cruz's agent to create some urgency from the Giants FO, so no one really knows. But the past 2 days I've been hearing more and more of this.

Personally, I would love to give Cruz up for a 1st round pick. He's 26 years old, we have Nicks and Randle is looking to break out this year. We could lock down a stud OL and LB/CB with 2 picks in the first round, get considerably younger and have more cap space to sign Nicks to a long term deal. If Cruz does indeed leave for a 1st round pick, 3 picks within the first 2 rounds would do wonders for us. Just my opinion, but with Eli at the helm, he makes everyone around him better. And with a beast, young OL and running game, Eli will have even more time to pick apart defenses. And if Cruz leaves, I can't see him having the success he has had in NY elsewhere....because of Eli.

• ShakeandBake
    replied
    Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
    I'm not worried about losing Cruz for 2013. I am deathly scared for 2014+
    True, however things could drastically change within that time period depending on performance, injuries etc.

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by drewz View Post
    Or Cruz doesn't want to budge from his figures
    That won't matter in terms of applying the tender.

Leave a comment:

• Sovereign
    replied
    I'm not worried about losing Cruz for 2013. I am deathly scared for 2014+

Leave a comment:

• G-Men Surg.
    replied
    Originally posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    I have to think there's two or three tenders coming out before Tuesday afternoon. It's like JR to wait until the last minute to keep other teams guessing. I wouldn't be surprised if we get one more signing done by Tuesday too. I have no idea who it will be; but I imagine they want to lock up one more position at least before free agency starts. I imagine that all the teams have a war room set up for the next couple days just to see who's available and what other teams are doing with thier FA and RFA. Some actions by other teams might effect what the Giants do with their own FA. With so may big name veterans being cut, there could be some guys looking for a team at reasonable prices for next season. This is shaping up to be a very interesting next few weeks. March Madness NFL style.
    A little food for thought about what we talk about some post ago about RFA tendered with a 1st round changing teams ...

Ralph Vacchiano
    @RVacchianoNYDN
    Follow
    Worried about Victor Cruz leaving? Not many Restricted FAs ever switch teams. Here's a look at the history ... sulia.com/c/new-york-gia…
    12:17pm - 10 Mar 13

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Have other teams handed out tenders yet?
    Several, I think Cowboys, Cardinals, and Chargers
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-10-2013, 04:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheEnigma
    replied
    Clady received his tender from the Broncos a week ago. Sure others have them too but none that I can think off the top of my head.

Edit: Nope sorry was the franchise tag. Henry Melton was the one I was thinking of. Actually, he was franchised (media keeps saying tendered for some reason). Just a bunch of low level tenders so far.
    Last edited by TheEnigma; 03-10-2013, 04:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheEnigma
    replied
    If they did get Cruz to a long term contract before Tuesday (which I personally doubt happens), the current disagreement I'm sure would be over the signing bonus and the base salary for the 2013 season since we know the Giants have to be frugal with the cap space they have.

Leave a comment:

• Sovereign
    replied
    Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Which would still mean they're trying. Had the Giants conceded defeat, they'd have tendered him by now.

Leave a comment:

• Flip Empty
    replied
    Originally posted by drewz View Post
    Which would still mean they're trying. Had the Giants conceded defeat, they'd have tendered him by now.

Leave a comment:

• drewz
    replied
    Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Still no tender... The Giants must be trying hard to sign him.

Leave a comment:

• Flip Empty
    replied
    Still no tender... The Giants must be trying hard to sign him.

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    It will ultimately come down to what teams see on the tape and the conclusions they make from it. I imagine any franchise worth it's salt will invest a good chunk of hours analyzing every second of Cruz in the game if they are seriously considering giving a player a large contract and a 1st round pick to boot.
    I sure hope so

Leave a comment:

• TheEnigma
    replied
    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    And yet a guy with all of those issues is the 5th leading receiver over two seasons. Maybe that's what other teams will cnosider
    It will ultimately come down to what teams see on the tape and the conclusions they make from it. I imagine any franchise worth it's salt will invest a good chunk of hours analyzing every second of Cruz in the game if they are seriously considering giving a player a large contract and a 1st round pick to boot.

Leave a comment:

• G-Men Surg.
    replied
    Originally posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    I have to think there's two or three tenders coming out before Tuesday afternoon. It's like JR to wait until the last minute to keep other teams guessing. I wouldn't be surprised if we get one more signing done by Tuesday too. I have no idea who it will be; but I imagine they want to lock up one more position at least before free agency starts. I imagine that all the teams have a war room set up for the next couple days just to see who's available and what other teams are doing with thier FA and RFA. Some actions by other teams might effect what the Giants do with their own FA. With so may big name veterans being cut, there could be some guys looking for a team at reasonable prices for next season. This is shaping up to be a very interesting next few weeks. March Madness NFL style.
    Agree. Every year is the same, teams have top priorities to resign, some veterans go and others come to fill spots as top flight FA or to play a specific role on the team and last but not less important there's the draft where teams try to fill the last needs . As always a roller coaster ride from the start of FA to the end of NFL draft weekend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X