Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giant Priorities for the Free Agent Market

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Giant Priorities for the Free Agent Market

    I wonder who the under the radar TE is? Makes me think that Eifert is not on our radar. Hope it's Travis Kelce

    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...e-agent-market

  • #2
    TE is the LB on offense. Reese doesn't care about it. If he could start a high schooler for free he would. We're not making a splash in free agency but I could see us getting Glenn Dorsey from KC or Sammie Hill from the Lions for DT depth.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
      TE is the LB on offense. Reese doesn't care about it. If he could start a high schooler for free he would. We're not making a splash in free agency but I could see us getting Glenn Dorsey from KC or Sammie Hill from the Lions for DT depth.
      Agreed, the TE spoken of is someone in the draft, which is the route we would go for that position.

      Comment


      • #4
        TE,RT, Interior Line low cost spots where u can find the most bang for your buck

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
          TE,RT, Interior Line low cost spots where u can find the most bang for your buck
          We need a RT for sure, and if we don't keep Boothe, we then need a RG. AND we need quality depth because Snee can't be here much longer and then there's Diehl.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            We need a RT for sure, and if we don't keep Boothe, we then need a RG. AND we need quality depth because Snee can't be here much longer and then there's Diehl.
            Diehl will be gone in the next few days. There is no way they can keep him at his current salary. They may resign him at a lower price, but no way at $4mil+.

            Comment


            • #7
              I really want Warmack, but we seem to value athleticism in our guards more than brute strength/power.
              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

              Comment


              • #8
                These are like the most obvious moves. I'm glad the NYTimes has some sense.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I just hope we can get all of our top guys re-signed/tendered (Phillips, Brown, Cruz, Bennett, Boothe), a DT, and then our draft picks.
                  My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
                    TE is the LB on offense. Reese doesn't care about it. If he could start a high schooler for free he would. We're not making a splash in free agency but I could see us getting Glenn Dorsey from KC or Sammie Hill from the Lions for DT depth.
                    I can see why a team that runs a 4-3 that spends less than 20% of the snaps in base would devalue the LB position but I don't get the unwillingness to seriously invest in TEs. For a team that is a passing team that wants to be a running team having versatile TEs on the field keeps the playbook wide open compared to exra WR on the field. They may not have the speed but with size they provide the mismatches everyone desires.

                    I also believe that we have the best TE coach in history and he could do wonders with 2 or 3 seriously athletic TEs and KG adding more 12 personell packages.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                      I really want Warmack, but we seem to value athleticism in our guards more than brute strength/power.
                      sounds like Cooper..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                        sounds like Cooper..
                        Yup, Cooper seems like the type of guard the Giants would value over a Warmack type. Cooper did show good movement and footwork at the combine.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          RT, LG, DL, MLB, TE
                          No one remembers who came in second.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X