X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eli is the guy who has to step it up this season not the wr's

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]
    we got tremendous athletes now who can get the high throws and also very strong, nicks plays like hes 6-4, plus we got barden and beckum now, were set with the weapons, you add in smith and manningham, and are offense became a furture headache for defenses, i can't tell you enough how much we improved on offense today, and the days not over.
    [/quote]

Optomistic a bit eh? You don't know how any of these players are gonna be.

Comment

[quote user="EA_Baracus"]

He's gonna have to adjust to throwing to smaller targets and starting hitting guys in a position that they can get some rac yardage. The guys we have more than enough speed and ability to get open and make playsso I don't want to hear any excuses from the "Eli can do no wrong" crowd. All the talk and panicof thinking weneed an all pro #1wr is proof thatpeople don't have full confidence in Manning in my opinion. The comfort lobbing the ball in the vicinity of big targets in Plax and Toomer is gone.

[/quote]

[Y]

Comment

The fact is, until these players prove something to me, I will not jump the bandwagon. When the Giants drafted Moss, Manningham etc....everybody said the same thing about how they will make a huge impact and what not(alot simular to these threads about Nicks and Barden) and look what we got out of them..........

but trust me when i say this...I do believe in optomism.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"]I BELIEVE

I just need some friends to jump on board
          [/quote]

LT im ridin shotgun.....

Nicks wingspan and magnetic hands makes him as good as a 6' 5" receiver.......

Eli will love this kid in the redzone.......

not to mention you cant press him

let them single cover this kid...they will get burnt all day
          [/quote]

[Y]

Plus Barden is a tall and intimidating target.

I had some unhappy friends because "we didn't get Braylon! [] [:'(]" last night... lol

Comment

and although I still want a proven WR...I still think these were the best picks for the Giants due to the current situation....Now its just a matter of waiting until training camp.

Comment

[quote user="illmaticzeke"]and although I still want a proven WR...I still think these were the best picks for the Giants due to the current situation....Now its just a matter of waiting until training camp.
              [/quote]

isnt it up to Eli to find them open, hit them in stride and lower his throws so they are more catchable?

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="illmaticzeke"]and although I still want a proven WR...I still think these were the best picks for the Giants due to the current situation....Now its just a matter of waiting until training camp.
                [/quote]

isnt it up to Eli to find them open, hit them in stride and lower his throws so they are more catchable?
                [/quote]

I kinda just feel like we know what we are getting out of Eli, he has been in this league long enough to basically see what he brings to the table come gametime so it's hard to say.....but yeah, he is definatly going to have to step it up, more so now I believe than ever before.

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="illmaticzeke"]and although I still want a proven WR...I still think these were the best picks for the Giants due to the current situation....Now its just a matter of waiting until training camp.
                  [/quote]

[/quote]

You do realize that Eli threw 20 TDs with Plax and Toomer rarely contributing? You do realize that the opportunities were limited with more of the running game being utilized? You do realize that there were horrible weather conditions for any QB to do well in which cut down those stats in big ways at the end of last year?

Thats right, Eli should have played his best statistical year without his biggest receiving threats if it weren't for certain conditions and a meaningless game that entered into the equation. Sometimes I gotta wonder if you really watched the games or if you just like being part of that anti Eli crowd.....I'm guessing the latter.

Comment

[quote user="illmaticzeke"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]
                    we got tremendous athletes now who can get the high throws and also very strong, nicks plays like hes 6-4, plus we got barden and beckum now, were set with the weapons, you add in smith and manningham, and are offense became a furture headache for defenses, i can't tell you enough how much we improved on offense today, and the days not over.
                    [/quote]

Optomistic a bit eh? You don't know how any of these players are gonna be.
                    [/quote]just very smart thats all, i have a gift, you didn't know? Were stocked up and thats that, every pick we made has excellnt college production and are all great at going up and getting it, trust me we got very good on offense in this draft, reese did exactly what i'd hoped, hes getting closer and closer to god like status around here, if you follow football draft as much as i do which is all yr long, mostly every day, than you'd know how good we did in this draft.

Comment

Eli has the next couple years to prove himself without Plax. I'm not even talking about going to the SB or the playoffs. He has to play well. Well enough to say, "Hey I'm doing all I can, it's the rest of the team that needs to show up."

There are plenty of QBs who have been successful, without having a stud #1. It's about time Eli shows us he's one of them and is worthy of his salary. If we struggle next year, is he going to be one of the people keeping us a float or will he struggle with the rest of the team.?

We have a great team now. Eli is in his prime and is no longer a young QB. The "he's getting better" excuse no longer holds water. With the money we're paying him he shoudl be good enough to play well without a stud WR - similar to what McNabb did for so many years in philly.

Comment

[quote user="illmaticzeke"][quote user="Harooni"][quote user="illmaticzeke"]and although I still want a proven WR...I still think these were the best picks for the Giants due to the current situation....Now its just a matter of waiting until training camp.
                        [/quote]

[/quote]

I kinda just feel like we know what we are getting out of Eli, he has been in this league long enough to basically see what he brings to the table come gametime so it's hard to say.....but yeah, he is definatly going to have to step it up, more so now I believe than ever before.
                        [/quote]why do you think we drafted the guys we drafted? Reese knows how good eli is and what type of pass catchers makes eli at his best, and thats what he got.

Comment

[quote user="illmaticzeke"][quote user="Harooni"][quote user="illmaticzeke"]and although I still want a proven WR...I still think these were the best picks for the Giants due to the current situation....Now its just a matter of waiting until training camp.
                          [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats all I am saying. of course the WR's have to cut down the drops ,run the right routes and get open. However Eli and gilbride have to step up as well.

Comment

[quote user="Hampton27 missed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You do realize that Eli threw 20 TDs with Plax and Toomer rarely contributing? You do realize that the opportunities were limited with more of the running game being utilized? You do realize that there were horrible weather conditions for any QB to do well in which cut down those stats in big ways at the end of last year?

Thats right, Eli should have played his best statistical year without his biggest receiving threats if it weren't for certain conditions and a meaningless game that entered into the equation. Sometimes I gotta wonder if you really watched the games or if you just like being part of that anti Eli crowd.....I'm guessing the latter.

[/quote]

Its all good dude, Im allowed to have my opinions.....I find it funny that people have to stoop as low as saying Im anti Eli or not a fan because my opinion differs from theres......and Im a season ticket holder if you must know, Im actually probably one of the very few members from this board who had the oppurtunity to witness the Giants winning the Superbowl over the Pats live from Glendale, but you are right, I dont watch the games.

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="illmaticzeke"][quote user="Harooni"][quote user="illmaticzeke"]and although I still want a proven WR...I still think these were the best picks for the Giants due to the current situation....Now its just a matter of waiting until training camp.
                              [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats all I am saying. of course the WR's have to cut down the drops ,run the right routes and get open. However Eli and gilbride have to step up as well.
                              [/quote]

Yeah i agree with you dude, you are one of the few on this board who can see things from both sides of the fence, and value others opinions....much respect.

Comment

[quote user="illmaticzeke"][quote user="Hampton27 missed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its all good dude, Im allowed to have my opinions.....I find it funny that people have to stoop as low as saying Im anti Eli or not a fan because my opinion differs from theres......and Im a season ticket holder if you must know, Im actually probably one of the very few members from this board who had the oppurtunity to witness the Giants winning the Superbowl over the Pats live from Glendale, but you are right, I dont watch the games.
                                [/quote]

I didn't quote you, I quoted Harooni.

Comment

Working...
                                X