Andre Brown signed tender?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Brown signed tender?

According to this on the Giants website anyway...

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...5-5a87ceb4036c

Good news as I can see him getting the larger share of the load with Wilson at the start of the season
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

i would rather Brown be utilized as a back-up only, and to spell Wilson if he needs a rest, other than that, no thank you

Comment

Originally posted by TheShouldersOf View Post
        i would rather Brown be utilized as a back-up only, and to spell Wilson if he needs a rest, other than that, no thank you
        ?? He had a great season going last year before getting injured. I don't get why you think he should be backup-only. 50-50 on carries with wilson would be great.

Are you thinking of Da'Rel Scott? He's still under his rookie contract...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Really? He was pretty good this past year.

Comment

Brown had a great season before being injured. He is not the best blocker, but he's better that Wilson was. That can change, but until it does.....
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Jahh View Post
              Really? He was pretty good this past year.
              This. Andre ran strong, didn't dance, and followed his blockers. If he didn't break his leg (fluke injury) we may have won some of those must needed games at the end of the season. Brown and Wilson is a great 1-2 punch.
              "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all – land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

Some good pop to his running, seems like a nice kid too. Hope he can have a bunch of Carolina-like games...
                sigpic

"For the rest of your life men, no one can tell you that you couldn't do it, because you did it." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Great news. I just hope he can stay healthy this year.

Comment

Because if it's Wilson Versus Brown Wilson Wins, he not only has more potential, has a bigger skill set of abilities, why would you rather go with someone who is an average running back when you can go with someone who is explosive, it seems like settling for second best just because,

Comment

Because if it's Wilson Versus Brown Wilson Wins, he not only has more potential, has a bigger skill set of abilities, why would you rather go with someone who is an average running back when you can go with someone who is explosive, it seems like settling for second best just because,
                      Wilson is not better at making his reads and blocking than Brown. It's not going to be one vs the other. Theya re going to get back to a two back system which is best for everyone concerned. Brown is not an average back, at least he wasn't last season. He displayed patience in waiting for developing blocks which Bradshaw didn't. Wilson will likely be the long term RB but he needs to excel at more than running.

Before Bradshaw injured his knee last season, he was the # 1 blocking RB in the NFL.

Comment

i've never been a fan of a Two Back System, and it's been proven it's unneeded, to give a guy a couple snaps to breath/rest, indeed that is a given, but a predetermined split Two Back system personally is rubbish regardless of what past statistics have shown,

Wilson's carries were so sporadic until the last couple of games, plus probably getting limited number of first team practice reps limited his relationship with the Offensive line, and timing, and no doubt he has things to improve on, i've never disputed that either, he only started his first college season the year before he got drafted

what i'm saying is Brown is Average and not as explosive as Wilson, a short yard back at best and a backup

i can't find the ranking of pass blocking Running Backs for 2012, but i've never disputed Bradshaw was in the top 5 blockers,

Comment

i've never been a fan of a Two Back System, and it's been proven it's unneeded, to give a guy a couple snaps to breath/rest, indeed that is a given, but a predetermined split Two Back system personally is rubbish regardless of what past statistics have shown,

Wilson's carries were so sporadic until the last couple of games, plus probably getting limited number of first team practice reps limited his relationship with the Offensive line, and timing, and no doubt he has things to improve on, i've never disputed that either, he only started his first college season the year before he got drafted

what i'm saying is Brown is Average and not as explosive as Wilson, a short yard back at best and a backup

i can't find the ranking of pass blocking Running Backs for 2012, but i've never disputed Bradshaw was in the top 5 blockers,
                          We are all entitled to our opinions. Brown did not play "average" last season before his injury. The team thought enough of his production that they put him on short term IR in case we made the playoffs.

Comment

If that's the case Wilson would have been the backup to Bradshaw last season...Yes, Wilson has a ridiculous skill set but...If he's not reading his blocks, looking to bounce outside instead of letting the play develop or missing blocking assignments he's just a really fast back who can cut on a dime...Just because you're drafted in the first round does not mean you automatically start...I'm excited about the upcoming season...Brown and Wilson will compliment each other well on the field...One back systems are a thing of the past (unless the rb is Adrian Peterson)

Comment

Brown is far from average...A couple injuries and being bounced around poisoned the minds of those who haven't followed Brown throughout his football career...I can put up a few stats that would open some eyes.

Comment

Working...
                              X