Welker to Denver.....Cruz to Pats?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welker to Denver.....Cruz to Pats?

They are saying that Denver might get Welker so does that mean the pats will go after Cruz?

I hope not......I would ratherpay out those nose for Cruz than see him go to that organization...

Comment

Originally posted by flashnando View Post
      They are saying that Denver might get Welker so does that mean the pats will go after Cruz?
      why wouldn't they?

Comment

No, they'll probably go for Amendola

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
          No, they'll probably go for Amendola
          Actually I could see them doing that, didn't think about Amendola.

Comment

They could, but remember, they don't have all of their draft picks for 2013. Maybe they will look at another alternative in the UFA market first. But I can see them wanting him because he is a newer, better, younger version of Welker who has been a play maker for them for years. The have the CAP space to do whatever they want. Cruz would not be a drop off in any sense from Welker.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I can see both happening. Its not like the pats have had a good track record with drafting lately. They seem to love bringing in big name, established players.

Haynesworth, Chad Johnson, moss.. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                I can see both happening. Its not like the pats have had a good track record with drafting lately. They seem to love bringing in big name, established players.

Who is Haynesworth?

Comment

Well they have to offer Cruz enough money that the Giants won't match, as well as give us a 1st round pick. That's usually not the Pats style to offer so much for a WR but you never know.

So if Cruz does go, it may be for the best as the Giants may have to gut more of the team to pay for his services. I honestly don't think Cruz is going anywhere, and the first round pick is making teams look elsewhere for help.

Comment

Who is Haynesworth?
                    Albert

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post

They paid next to nothing for their services though.

Comment

Originally posted by pino View Post
                        Well they have to offer Cruz enough money that the Giants won't match, as well as give us a 1st round pick. That's usually not the Pats style to offer so much for a WR but you never know.

So if Cruz does go, it may be for the best as the Giants may have to gut more of the team to pay for his services. I honestly don't think Cruz is going anywhere, and the first round pick is making teams look elsewhere for help.
                        John Mara has said they have the "wherewithal to match almost any offer" Cruz might receive. So let's not get ahead of the story as no offers have yet been made. The other issue is the actual market value for wide receivers of Cruz's skill sets. That may change based on what other FAs are commanding which could elevate the price the Giants may pay to keep Cruz.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

This is potentially bad news. Being that he is in a close knit family i didnt see him straying to far from home so i wasnt to concerned with the Rams and Minny rumors. However NE I think he would seriously consider
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            John Mara has said they have the "wherewithal to match almost any offer" Cruz might receive. So let's not get ahead of the story as no offers have yet been made. The other issue is the actual market value for wide receivers of Cruz's skill sets. That may change based on what other FAs are commanding which could elevate the price the Giants may pay to keep Cruz.
                            I could just see BB making some crazy offer to steal him from us and if we match then he has sucessfully crippled us even further then we already are Cap wise. Win win for BB and the Pats to put in a Stupid offer
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                              Albert
                              Oh that bum! lol

How can i forget him, its the guy who robbed the redskins clean lol

Comment

Working...
                              X