Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants In the Mix With Dansby

Ian Taubin ‏@InReeseWeTrust
    Karlos Dansby's father, Samuel Dansby, told FOX Sports Florida teams in mix to sign him include Giants, Ravens, Falcons #nyg #giants

He isn't what he used to be but he would be solid veteran depth at the very least.

But can we really afford him? Thought we only had 1.5 cap space and we need just under 5 mill for the draft alone.

I wouldn't mind a 2 year backloaded for him. Backloading is trouble but with 2 years its not a big problem.

Comment

YES please!

Comment

I would not complain.

Comment

I'd love to get him but I just don't know how JR can make it happen from an financial standpoint.

Comment

PLEAASE!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueReign View Post
              I'd love to get him but I just don't know how JR can make it happen from an financial standpoint.
              I would guess he would be in 3 mil range at this point in his career. Probably gets something similar to what Jenkins got.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
                I would guess he would be in 3 mil range at this point in his career. Probably gets something similar to what Jenkins got.
                This would be ideal.

As far as money goes. We can sign guys now and go over the cap as long as we're under the cap by a certain date..after the draft before training camp.

Im assuming restructures and cuts arent done yet considering we need like 5 mil to sign draft picks.

Comment

Would love Dansby comin in and us drafting Ogletree...hoping the Oline has some in-house fixes

Comment

Pipedream. The Giants have no cap spacel

Comment

Originally posted by hugehomer View Post
                      Pipedream. The Giants have no cap spacel
                      Not really they only have to be under the cap before camp opens there is a lot the Giants can do to make space.

Comment

Certainly an upgrade at the ILB position if we can acquire him. Probably need to get diehl to take a pay cut. He is the next player that needs to be dealt with.

Comment

he'd be an immediate upgrade and starter at mlb day 1. and we'd prob get a few yrs outta him at a higher level than we've seen from that position in a long time. it also lowers the need for a lb early in the draft. we can afford to wait and take a prospect we can groom somewhat behind Dansby.

Comment

The more I think about it the more I like it.

Offer him a 2 or 3 yr deal, backloaded contract would be one of the better FA signings this year.

Get Rhodes and K Green with the first two draft picks and our defense looks much better.

Comment

Interesting I know the giants, and us GMB were especially interested in them a few years back =P

Comment

Working...
                              X