X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriots signed Amendola - Probably out of mix for Cruz

Pats signed Amendola to a 5 year deal worth $31 million

Details: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-deal/#respond
    Last edited by Tommy_Ribs; 03-13-2013, 07:45 PM.

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
    Pats signed Amendola to a 5 year deal worth $31 million

Details: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-deal/#respond
    That thud you just heard was Cruz' market value.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Most importantly, the market has been set. $6m/yr. Let's say Cruz is more explosive, so he might be in line to get closer to $7m/yr.

Comment

Good news indeed.

7yr/50mil - just over half guaranteed for Cruz sounding more fair? 6/44 even?

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
          That thud you just heard was Cruz' market value.
          This is what free agency does. Although I bet Condon can make an argument that Cruz is a superior player to Amendola who has played sparingly of late. It may well be, when all is said and done, the Giants' original offer is better than we think.
          Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-13-2013, 07:50 PM.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
            Most importantly, the market has been set. $6m/yr. Let's say Cruz is more explosive, so he might be in line to get closer to $7m/yr.
            I don't agree that the market is set by one signing of a player who has played sparingly over two years. Let's see what the average is for a few players.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
              Good news indeed.

7yr/50mil - just over half guaranteed for Cruz sounding more fair? 6/44 even?
              Cruz is 26, I'd be surprised if we go longer than 5 years. 6 is a possibility, but I don't think likely unless he has a huge signing bonus that they want to stretch another year.

Honestly, I see the value at being closer to $6.5m-$6.75m a year, unless the FO truly thinks another team might threaten for him.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                This is what free agency does. Although I bet Condon can make an argument that Cruz is a superior player to Amendola who has played sparingly of late. It may well be, when all is said and done, the Giants' original offer is better than we think.
                But can he say the same of Welker?

Comment

I don't agree that the market is set by one signing of a player who has played sparingly over two years. Let's see what the average is for a few players.
                  Welker received similar.

Comment

Both Welker and Amendola got $6m/yr contracts. Seeing as those two, along with Cruz, are considered the cream of the crop for slot guys, I'd say it's a pretty fair assessment of Cruz' market value.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                      Cruz is 26, I'd be surprised if we go longer than 5 years. 6 is a possibility, but I don't think likely unless he has a huge signing bonus that they want to stretch another year.

Honestly, I see the value at being closer to $6.5m-$6.75m a year, unless the FO truly thinks another team might threaten for him.
                      I think its going to be either a deal of 6 years or no more than 3 so Cruz can pursue yet another payday before hitting 30.

Comment

Do people think we'll negotiate for a long-term deal this year? Surely we're better off seeing out this tender and working on a deal throughout next year? If somebody comes in, we take a hit and just match it...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
                          But can he say the same of Welker?
                          Welker played more than Amendola did I am pretty sure. I don't know what he signed for.

Comment

5 yrs 40 mil 15-20 guaranteed

Comment

Originally posted by UKAnt14 View Post
                              Do people think we'll negotiate for a long-term deal this year? Surely we're better off seeing out this tender and working on a deal throughout next year? If somebody comes in, we take a hit and just match it...
                              They have already offered Cruz a long term deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X