The Market Value For Slot Receiver's has been established

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Market Value For Slot Receiver's has been established

With all the recent signings for the Slot Receivers for the upcoming season, the market value for them has been clearly established at approximately 6 million dollars per year. Here is the breakdown of the top three signings.

1. Wes Welker: 12 million over 2 years with undisclosed incentives for up to an additional 1 million per year. The whole 2 year contract is guaranteed.
    2. Danny Amendola: 30 million over 5 years. 10 million guaranteed.

These guys are all starting slot receivers who have similar or in Welker's case better numbers than Cruz, and if Cruz thinks he will get way more than them he is dreaming. Pro football is business and the market value has been established. So my message to Victor Cruz is very simple: IF THE GIANTS OFFERED YOU A DEAL WORTH 6 MILLION PER YEAR SIGN THAT PAPERWORK SOON BECAUSE THATS ALL YOU ARE GETTING HERE OR ANYWHERE ELSE YOU GO SHOPPING.
    Last edited by NYGiantsFan56; 03-14-2013, 07:12 AM.

Without knowing what the Giants offered Cruz, if I has to make an educated guess, I would think their offer is very similar if not identical because while the Giants are conservative in paying they don't low-ball their players.

Comment

Hartline is not their slot receiver....Davone Bess is.

You should have included Percy Harvin on your list....that's somewhere more in neighborhood of what Cruz will want just based on his production and the fact both are the premier guys in the slot. Welker got shafted cause he's older and not in his prime.
      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

My mistake. Harvin is more than just a slot. He is is used in other variations.

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post

You should have included Percy Harvin on your list....that's somewhere more in neighborhood of what Cruz will want just based on his production and the fact both are the premier guys in the slot. Welker got shafted cause he's older and not in his prime.
          My mistake. you are correct. Anyway the point still remains.

Comment

I corrected my post. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NYGiantsFan56 View Post
              With all the recent signings for the Slot Receivers for the upcoming season, the market value for them has been clearly established at approximately 6 million dollars per year. Here is the breakdown of the top three signings.

1. Wes Welker: 12 million over 2 years with undisclosed incentives for up to an additional 1 million per year. The whole 2 year contract is guaranteed.
              2. Danny Amendola: 30 million over 5 years. 10 million guaranteed.

These guys are all starting slot receivers who have similar or in Welker's case better numbers than Cruz, and if Cruz thinks he will get way more than them he is dreaming. Pro football is business and the market value has been established. So my message to Victor Cruz is very simple: IF THE GIANTS OFFERED YOU A DEAL WORTH 6 MILLION PER YEAR SIGN THAT PAPERWORK SOON BECAUSE THATS ALL YOU ARE GETTING HERE OR ANYWHERE ELSE YOU GO SHOPPING.
              This sets the floor. But I see Cruz as better than both Welker and Amendola and he sure has more potential than either. But what will determine this in the end is what, if any, offer sheets Cruz might get.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Percy Harvin's contract is 67 million over 6 years but only 14.5 million is guaranteed. Also he is used in other variations other than a pure slot receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  This sets the floor. But I see Cruz as better than both Welker and Amendola and he sure has more potential than either. But what will determine this in the end is what, if any, offer sheets Cruz might get.
                  Agreed. This is why Cruz has to think hard about any deals offered to him. Also he will have Eli as his QB with a good complement of Receivers. That has to be factored in because he can never be a Number 1 Receiver if he goes elsewhere and he wont get Eli and now Brady or Peyton throwing him the ball.

Comment

Percy Harvin's contract is 67 million over 6 years but only 14.5 million is guaranteed. Also he is used in other variations other than a pure slot receiver.
                    Just saying Cruz is more in the class of Percy in terms of being premier at their position. Welker will be 32 in a month or so and is not in his prime but still probably deserved more than 6per. Giving Cruz the same money as Brian Hartline and Danny Amendola is kind of a slap in the face to Cruz considering his production trumps those guys.
                    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Agreed. This is why Cruz has to think hard about any deals offered to him. Also he will have Eli as his QB with a good complement of Receivers. That has to be factored in because he can never be a Number 1 Receiver if he goes elsewhere and he wont get Eli and now Brady or Peyton throwing him the ball.
                      Something went seriously wrong in the Cruz camp for him to change agents at this point in time. I don't have a clue what that was, and we may never know for sure, but I think it's safe to speculate that he was not being well served by his former agent. He will soon have an agent that has a pretty good reputation and, more importantly, a good, mutually respectful, working relationship with Jerry Reese. Tom Condon will give Cruz his best effort and, hopefully, advice.

I think Cruz has enough talent to be successful wherever he might go. I don't disagree that staying here would be his best option, but I don't buy into the majority opinion that Eli made Cruz who he is. They have a synchronization that had to be developed, as Eli also has with Nicks and Hixon. Cruz is a smart receiver who makes things happen after the catch.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Cruz is not a pure slot receiver. In 2 WR sets he on the outside opposite, usually, Nicks.

Comment

Just saying Cruz is more in the class of Percy in terms of being premier at their position. Welker will be 32 in a month or so and is not in his prime but still probably deserved more than 6per. Giving Cruz the same money as Brian Hartline and Danny Amendola is kind of a slap in the face to Cruz considering his production trumps those guys.
                          If Cruz gets an offer sheet form another team, I can see the Giants going up to $8M but not higher than that. I also think they can make the guarantee a little bigger to keep the annual down.

Comment

5 yr 40 mil 15 guaranteed I think is a fair deal for both sides. After this deal is will be 31 and barring any serious injury he could get another payday after the contract is up. Also throw in escalators if and when the cap increases but I am just a fan like all of us so what do I know.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
                              5 yr 40 mil 15 guaranteed I think is a fair deal for both sides. After this deal is will be 31 and barring any serious injury he could get another payday after the contract is up. Also throw in escalators if and when the cap increases but I am just a fan like all of us so what do I know.
                              That guarantee might be a bit low, but not a bad package

Comment

Working...
                              X