Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Rey Maualuga? Ok, even I am shaking my head at this one.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Rey Maualuga? Ok, even I am shaking my head at this one.

In Reese We Trust (via an Adam Schefter tweet) is saying that the Giants are expressing interest in one of the worst MLB last season.
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Wow, I don't get this at all...

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
      In Reese We Trust (via an Adam Schefter tweet) is saying that the Giants are expressing interest in one of the worst MLB last season.
      He is pretty bad but maybe they feel a change of scenery would help. Like Brinkley better though.

Comment

What's with them and Cincy's LBs?

Comment

I like Maualuga better than Blackburn. I don't care what PFF says, Maualuga isn't worse than Chase.

Comment

...Can we just draft a LBer?
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

What level of interest?????

Comment

Showing intrest in some wierd guys this offseason.. I still hope we get in on James Anderson OLB Carolina... Jasper Brinkley isn't a bad pickup either, as a 2down thumper...

Comment

Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
                  I like Maualuga better than Blackburn. I don't care what PFF says, Maualuga isn't worse than Chase.
                  sure he is.....he doesnt know the system at all.
                  I bet you care what PFF says about Chase though.....
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                    Ok you guys need to stop reading 5 word cut sentences.

Maluaga is NOT a bad MLB. Quite the reverse. He had a 122 combined tackles in 2012 (his highest total) and this was his first year at MLB. Marvin Lewis called him out during the year in an attempt to spark a defense that was flailing all around (which is where most people are getting this silly notion that he's not a good MLB from).

The major concern with Maualuga as an MLB is his pass coverage in our system (he didn't drop well this year). Part of that might have been his lack of familiarity with the position. That's up to the Giants' personnel guys to determine. However if they determine that that is a fixable variable and we can afford him, he'd be an awesome addition to the Giants and an instant upgrade over Blackburn.
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                      sure he is.....he doesnt know the system at all.
                      I bet you care what PFF says about Chase though.....
                      Wrong. Don't need to know what PFF says about Blackburn to know that he is literally the worst starting Linebacker in the league.

It's like: If CC Brown had managed ONE interception in 2009 people around here would be like "well he's not all that bad..." No. Chase Blackburn is the LB version of CC Brown. No PFF necessary, I have eyes.

Comment

Lol, how can people possibly be upset w/ interest in Maulaluga? We had freaking Chase Blackburn at LB last year. Giants fans have been brainwashed.

Almost anything is an upgrade, seriously. At least a change brings hope. With our current corp, there is no hope!

Comment

They might as well re-sign Rivers instead being he's better and more athletic....probably would come cheaper too given his injury history.
                          "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                            They might as well re-sign Rivers instead being he's better and more athletic....probably would come cheaper too given his injury history.
                            Better and more athletic is great but doesn't make a difference if you can't see the field.

Comment

if we can get him for cheap why not
                              sigpic
                              FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Working...
                              X