Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wes Welker deal should dictate Cruz' value...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wes Welker deal should dictate Cruz' value...

Wes Welker deal should dictate Cruz' value yes? So even if teams were willing to pay a little more, say 7 or even 8m a year, I think the Giants can match an offer like this, cant see how they wont.

Patriots made a big risk letting go of there "security blanket," but at least they already got a suitable replacement. If Cruz is taken away from a contract from 6-8m a year, I will lose all faith in Jerry Reese and the FO.
    Last edited by StrahanSoup92; 03-14-2013, 10:50 AM.

Originally posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    West Welker deal should dictate Cruz' value yes? So even if teams were willing to pay a little more, say 7 or even 8m a year, I think the Giants can match an offer like this, cant see how they wont.

Patriots made a big risk letting go of there "security blanket," but at least they already got a suitable replacement. If Cruz is taken away from a contract from 6-8m a year, I will lose all faith in Jerry Reese and the FO.
    I don't think JR should pay any more than roughly 6 per year for VC. The bar has been set and it would be nice to stick to it. No way VC should get 7-8 per year.

Comment

Sorry Im sure there were tons of posts like this, just got on and had to say something.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
        I don't think JR should pay any more than roughly 6 per year for VC. The bar has been set and it would be nice to stick to it. No way VC should get 7-8 per year.
        And thats what Im thinking, 6m is very reasonable for Cruz' value.

Comment

West Welker deal should dictate Cruz' value yes? So even if teams were willing to pay a little more, say 7 or even 8m a year, I think the Giants can match an offer like this, cant see how they wont. Patriots made a big risk letting go of there "security blanket," but at least they already got a suitable replacement. If Cruz is taken away from a contract from 6-8m a year, I will lose all faith in Jerry Reese and the FO.
          $6M is the floor. Cruz has way more potential than either Welket or Amendola
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

who is west welker?
            sigpic
            FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              $6M is the floor. Cruz has way more potential than either Welket or Amendola
              I agree with that, but Welker getting 6m should lower the ceiling a little. At least from what Ive heard here and elsewhere, where Cruz may get offered 10m. Now I dont see this happening, this is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                who is west welker?
                Its early, forgive me.

Comment

West Welker deal should dictate Cruz' value yes? So even if teams were willing to pay a little more, say 7 or even 8m a year, I think the Giants can match an offer like this, cant see how they wont.

Not even remotely.

Welker is 6 years older than Cruz and took less money to go to the Broncos (offered more from the Titans).
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I agree with that, but Welker getting 6m should lower the ceiling a little. At least from what Ive heard here and elsewhere, where Cruz may get offered 10m. Now I dont see this happening, this is a good thing.
                    It certainly didn't raise the ceiling, true.
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I would guess between $7-8M
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                        who is west welker?
                        Well, he does play in the AFC West now...

Comment

Apples and oranges.

Cruz is more much more versatile than Welker and he's much younger.

Cruz is NOT just a slot receiver. Cruz has speed and ball skills that cannot be taught. His YAC is ridiculous as well.
                          "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

If I could change it, I would.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                              Apples and oranges.

Cruz is more much more versatile than Welker and he's much younger.

Cruz is NOT just a slot receiver. Cruz has speed and ball skills that cannot be taught. His YAC is ridiculous as well.
                              He is more agile than fast. Being 30th in YAC last year is not what I would define as "ridiculous". 2011, yes. But he was also unknown as not drawing the best coverage. He also needs to be taught not to have so many drops as he was tied for 2nd in the league last year. So yeah, Cruz should only be asking for 6 mil TOPS.

Comment

Working...
                              X