Keith Rivers re-signing...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Rivers re-signing...

Keith Rivers is re-signing with the Giants per Jenny Vrentas.Good move, IMO, if true.

EDIT:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._with_gia.html - RF

Excerpt: "The Giants will re-sign linebacker Keith Rivers to a one-year deal, according to a person with knowledge of the agreement between the sides. That person requested anonymity because the Giants have not yet announced the signing.

Rivers was traded to the Giants for a fifth-round pick last April. He battled some minor injuries but played 11 games, starting six." Read more...
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-14-2013, 03:01 PM.

Here is the tweet:

https://twitter.com/JennyVrentas/sta...74301346791424

Keith Rivers will sign a one-year deal with the Giants. Helps re-stock their thin LB position. #nyg

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..........why? Guy cannot stay on the field. Hope he gets cut before the season starts........sorry its how I feel.

Comment

Non-factor. Great when he's on the field which, unfortunately is less often than when he's off the field.

If he can actually manage to walk from here to there without winding up in the tub, he could have a break out season (one hit wonder for the Giants).
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

one down

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
            Non-factor. Great when he's on the field which, unfortunately is less often than when he's off the field.

If he can actually manage to walk from here to there without winding up in the tub, he could have a break out season (one hit wonder for the Giants).
            Yeah, just wish he could stay healthy. I liked him when he played.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
              Yeah, just wish he could stay healthy. I liked him when he played.
              Bob Sanders syndrome ... plays too big for his body.
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                Bob Sanders syndrome ... plays too big for his body.
                Good analogy. I guess he would have to be a candidate for the middle then.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                  Good analogy. I guess he would have to be a candidate for the middle then.
                  Yep ... at least assuming he doesn't get hurt in OTAs

Comment

he's good.. when he's actually on the field

Comment

I wonder if he can play MLB?

Comment

I like Rivers and the signing. Maybe they can outfit him with a kevlar uniform for protection.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          I wonder if he can play MLB?
                          Yes he can .... until he gets a booboo that is.

Comment

Rivers was a beast in college. I wanted us to draft him that year. If (and that's a big if) he can stay healthy, he can be a beast. And his injuries aren't at all similar. He's like Kiwanuka. A bunch of freak injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Giants5699 View Post
                              Rivers was a beast in college. I wanted us to draft him that year. If (and that's a big if) he can stay healthy, he can be a beast. And his injuries aren't at all similar. He's like Kiwanuka. A bunch of freak injuries.
                              Kiwi had one injury of note.

Rivers has had like ... all of them?

Comment

Working...
                              X