This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nothing has changed in my eyes

[quote user="derekunion28"]most of what i was saying is aimed at all the wr talk and draft picks on the offensive side.seems like most people on thisboard act as if our picks are gona come in and play right away , i personally disagree.. no need to start name calling if u disagreee with someone thats childish in my eyes[/quote]I agree

Comment

[quote user="derekunion28"]Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.I think we have potential in future years, butt as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people aregetting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way.[/quote]

its easier if you get that "win this year" ideaout of your head and change it to "win next season"..we'll be good this year allowing Hix/Smith another full year to gel ...or maybe Nicks/Bardencan step up and do it..maybe we don't go far in the playoffs this season..but next season andprobably for another 3 years we'll be the team to beat...with the most talented WR group in the game and a dominate Defense and a ground attack thats unstopable..

Comment

[quote user="derekunion28"]Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.I think we have potential in future years, butt as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people aregetting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way.[/quote]

There was a time when every player in the NFL had not played a down in the league. That includes all the stars obviously.

This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever read.

Another example of the "instant Gratification" society we now live in.

Tell Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and Brandon Jacobs and John Elway and Bernie Kosar and Mike Haynes and Tom Brady and Ozzie Newsome and **** Butkus and Corey Webster and Phil Simms and Fred Bilitnekoff and Marcus Allen and John Riggins and Demarcus Ware and Mark Bavaro and Albert Haynesworth and Justin Tuck that there contributions, stats and records will no longer be recognized because there was a time they had never played a down in the league!

What an Anti-Einstein!!!!!!!

Comment

Alot has changed we picked up solid players in FA & our draft looks pretty good too.Just cause u may not be aware of the rookies skills don't doubt them.JR & the org know what their doing have faith.

PS...Alot of the experts said we had a very good draft for where we were picking.

Comment

[quote user="Bleedin Blue Since '62"]

There was a time when every player in the NFL had not played a down in the league. That includes all the stars obviously.

This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever read.

Another example of the "instant Gratification" society we now live in.

Tell Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and Brandon Jacobs and John Elway and Bernie Kosar and Mike Haynes and Tom Brady and Ozzie Newsome and **** Butkus and Corey Webster and Phil Simms and Fred Bilitnekoff and Marcus Allen and John Riggins and Demarcus Ware and Mark Bavaro and Albert Haynesworth and Justin Tuck that there contributions, stats and records will no longer be recognized because there was a time they had never played a down in the league!

What an Anti-Einstein!!!!!!!

[/quote]LOL... OWNED!!

Comment

yes agree all thos guys havent played a down butt the % of guys that walk in after college and play and contribute is slim to none if you count the numbers with guys coming outa college and guys that play that next year in pros

Comment

[quote user="derekunion28"]*yes agree all thos guys havent played a down butt the % of guys that walk in after college and play and contribute is slim to none if you count the numbers with guys coming outa college and guys that play that next year in pros[/quote]

How can you say that? Ross, Phillips as our last #1 picks under Reese all came in and contributed.

Comment

[quote user="derekunion28"]yes agree all thos guys havent played a down butt the % of guys that walk in after college and play and contribute is slim to none if you count the numbers with guys coming outa college and guys that play that next year in pros[/quote]

Just not true about #1 draft picks. Of course it happens, but slim to none is such an overstatment of facts. WR is a position that players struggle to make the transition, but plenty of players drafted day 1 make a significnat impact right away. You don't have to be a probowler to make an impact.

Comment

again u talking defense i should what i was mostly talking about was wrs and offense

Comment

Ok.......first of all........it was the draft. Meaning EVERY player drafted by every teamhasn't played a "pro down". Rookies contribute all the time........sometimes they even help win Superbowls. (see Steve Smith). I don't know if this crop of rookies will, but that's why I'm not being paid to make these decisions. The smartest thing you've said in this post (though quite badly)is "i em no pro coach scoutor analyst". Try and remember that before making blanket statements. You don't know anything.

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

i was aiming at all the talk about offense ,wrs, and guys coming in after college. not defense

Comment

[quote user="derekunion28"]i was aiming at all the talk about offense ,wrs*, and guys coming in after college. not defense[/quote]

So Boss and Smith had NOTHING to do with us winning the SB?

Comment

[quote user="FBomb"]

Ok.......first of all........it was the draft. Meaning EVERY player drafted by every teamhasn't played a "pro down". Rookies contribute all the time........sometimes they even help win Superbowls. (see Steve Smith). I don't know if this crop of rookies will, but that's why I'm not being paid to make these decisions. The smartest thing you've said in this post (though quite badly)is "i em no pro coach scoutor analyst". Try and remember that before making blanket statements. You don't know anything.

[/quote]wow your so cool

Comment

[quote user="derekunion28"]i was aiming at all the talk about offense ,wrs*, and guys coming in after college. not defense[/quote]

Look at last years draft in the first round. EVERY offensive skill position had an immediate impact on their team.

Comment

[quote user="knobhead"][quote user="FBomb"]

[/quote]wow your so cool[/quote]

And I bet the other 4th graders think your hysterical.

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Working...
                                X