X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nothing has changed in my eyes

[quote user="FBomb"][quote user="knobhead"][quote user="FBomb"]

[quote user="derekunion28"]Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.I think we have potential in future years, butt as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people aregetting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way.[/quote]

Ok.......first of all........it was the draft. Meaning EVERY player drafted by every teamhasn't played a "pro down". Rookies contribute all the time........sometimes they even help win Superbowls. (see Steve Smith). I don't know if this crop of rookies will, but that's why I'm not being paid to make these decisions. The smartest thing you've said in this post (though quite badly)is "i em no pro coach scoutor analyst". Try and remember that before making blanket statements. You don't know anything.

[/quote]wow your so cool[/quote]

And I bet the other 4th graders think your hysterical.

[/quote]so again how long you worked for the giants scouting staff?

Comment

[quote user="derekunion28"]Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.I think we have potential in future years, butt as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people aregetting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way.[/quote]

The only fact you have here is that none of the rookies have played a pro down. Where did Smith, Manningham, Moss, Hixon Boss, Vickers, and Darcy Johnson go?

How about we give the professionals who do this for a living some time to put the final 53 on the field in September?
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="knobhead"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="knobhead"][quote user="FBomb"]

Ok.......first of all........it was the draft. Meaning EVERY player drafted by every teamhasn't played a "pro down". Rookies contribute all the time........sometimes they even help win Superbowls. (see Steve Smith). I don't know if this crop of rookies will, but that's why I'm not being paid to make these decisions. The smartest thing you've said in this post (though quite badly)is "i em no pro coach scoutor analyst". Try and remember that before making blanket statements. You don't know anything.

[/quote]so again how long you worked for the giants scouting staff?[/quote]

Now there is the classic pot and kettle example
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Just askin this seems to be how every body treats anybody on here who doesnt argee with their opinion.

Comment

[quote user="knobhead"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="knobhead"][quote user="FBomb"]

[/quote]so again how long you worked for the giants scouting staff?[/quote]

You may want to pay a little more attention in your remedial reading classes. Your comprehension sucks. Go find an adult to read my original post to you so you can understand exactly where I addressed that exact question.

I wait with great anticipation your next brilliant post.

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

[quote user="knobhead"]Just askin this seems to be how every body treats anybody on here who doesnt argee with their opinion.[/quote]

Nope...........just the dumb ones.

Comment

[quote user="FBomb"]

[quote user="knobhead"]Just askin this seems to be how every body treats anybody on here who doesnt argee with their opinion.[/quote]

[/quote]thats the class i was looking for

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="derekunion28"]Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.I think we have potential in future years, butt as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people aregetting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way.[/quote]

The only fact you have here is that none of the rookies have played a pro down. Where did Smith, Manningham, Moss, Hixon Boss, Vickers, and Darcy Johnson go?

How about we give the professionals who do this for a living some time to put the final 53 on the field in September?
                  [/quote]

Because that would be the SMART thing to do. I don't believe these two have ever known what the "smart thing" is.

Comment

I truly dislike a lot of the name calling we see here but when you post something that you KNOW is going to get people's negative attention you need to stand there and take it...or stop doing it.

Most of us are FANS of the GIANTS. Players come and go and while we can and do get attached to some players, it's the team that matters above all. You are calling the TEAM into question which is your right, but hardly a brilliant strategy unless you just want to stir the pot.

Comment

[quote user="knobhead"][quote user="FBomb"]

[/quote]thats the class i was looking for[/quote]

Yeah............sometimes dumbing things down is a necessary evil.

Comment

[quote user="FBomb"][quote user="knobhead"][quote user="FBomb"]

[/quote]you seem good at it u practice much

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="knobhead"]Just askin this seems to be how every body treats anybody on here who doesnt argee with their opinion.[/quote]

I truly dislike a lot of the name calling we see here but when you post something that you KNOW is going to get people's negative attention you need to stand there and take it...or stop doing it.

Most of us are FANS of the GIANTS. Players come and go and while we can and do get attached to some players, it's the team that matters above all. You are calling the TEAM into question which is your right, but hardly a brilliant strategy unless you just want to stir the pot.
                          [/quote]i agree

Comment

[/quote]you seem good at it u practice much[/quote]

Well, there are a lot of idiots on the board at any given time. Can't be afraid to stoop sothat they understand what thier role on the board is.

Comment

[quote user="knobhead"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="knobhead"]Just askin this seems to be how every body treats anybody on here who doesnt argee with their opinion.[/quote]

[/quote]i agree[/quote]

You agree that you're only here to stir the pot?

Comment

i disagree....we are not rebuilding...everything that we do is for NOW...Nicks wasn't the highest ranking wr in the draft, but according to Kiper and McShay, he is the most pro ready...he has great hands and is a skilled route runner with decent speed and blocks fairly well...problem is he's a #2 right now and we're still without a number one...it's become more feasible to see Smith go, along with Beatty (ot) to the browns for Edwards...they drafted 2 wideouts and he would be the 3rd down threat they need, although taking ours away..but we may have picked threat up in Brown (rb) or it may exist in Manningham... Barden will contribute this year, to what extent i won't speculate, but i think he'll get his time to shine

Comment

Working...
                                X