Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli extension has to be looming on the horizion as a final play to resuscitate us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli extension has to be looming on the horizion as a final play to resuscitate us

Before the Andre Brown, Ross & Rivers signings our cap was only $1.5 million. We still have to sign Stevie Brown as well no?

The only way we are signing Cruz is if Eli gets an extension. We have no other moves left to make other than Diehl taking a pay cut or someone else being let go. Even with the patch work signings we are making we have zero room to do anything. We still have to find $4,614,587 to sign our draft picks as well.

It's in Eli's best interest and obviously the teams best interest as it helps immensely with everything. Once the extension is completed the dominos begin to fall.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Diehl took a pay cut today.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
      Diehl took a pay cut today.
      Not finalized, only rumored. Premature news but it's in the works.

Comment

He'll probably just get a whole new deal.

He will get a boat-load of up front money (guarantees, signing bonuses, etc.), and the Giants will get some major cap relief. Plus, we have some serious coin coming off the books in upcoming years. We aren't in terrible cap shape, especially as perennial contenders go.
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
          Before the Andre Brown, Ross & Rivers signings our cap was only $1.5 million. We still have to sign Stevie Brown as well no?

The only way we are signing Cruz is if Eli gets an extension. We have no other moves left to make other than Diehl taking a pay cut or someone else being let go. Even with the patch work signings we are making we have zero room to do anything. We still have to find $4,614,587 to sign our draft picks as well.

It's in Eli's best interest and obviously the teams best interest as it helps immensely with everything. Once the extension is completed the dominos begin to fall.
          There was a news article posted in the last few days indicating they were not thinking ab out asking Eli again
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
            He'll probably just get a whole new deal.

He will get a boat-load of up front money (guarantees, signing bonuses, etc.), and the Giants will get some major cap relief. Plus, we have some serious coin coming off the books in upcoming years. We aren't in terrible cap shape, especially as perennial contenders go.
            We aren't in terrible cap shape but it's because we've signing patchwork players and releasing some quality ones. I agree this is what has to be done and I trust Reese & Co. 100% wholeheartedly I just hope it pays off. Losing KP really hurt our defense. I thought for sure since the market for safeties was very low and landry and others being signed that meant K would eventually resign with us.

We haven't really lost anyone aside from KP. Canty and Jenkins are equal, Boley and Jacquian might even be an upgrade for us(definitely athletically), Bradshaw isn't much of a loss at all because Wilson and Brown are better.

I just want to resign Boothe. I would be SHOCKED if Cruz didn't resign now with Welker, Amendola and Harvin off the table.

Comment

Any cut in pay regardless of how they do it benefits him greatly. If he and the FO worked out a Brady type deal the extra cap space would be enough to sign Nicks or Cruz long term possibly both.

Comment

When do you suppose we begin to hear more about this?

I see no other option. We have very few moves left to make.

Comment

When do you suppose we begin to hear more about this?

I see no other option. We have very few moves left to make.
                  Unless it's an extension, it will just haunt us like the last one he did. They have said they aren't contemplating asking.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by ironfox View Post
                    Any cut in pay regardless of how they do it benefits him greatly. If he and the FO worked out a Brady type deal the extra cap space would be enough to sign Nicks or Cruz long term possibly both.
                    They will not cut his pay no matter what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      Unless it's an extension, it will just haunt us like the last one he did. They have said they aren't contemplating asking.
                      That's the title of the thread lol...

I think all those pun on words fried your brain a little yesterday

Comment

That's the title of the thread lol...

I think all those pun on words fried your brain a little yesterday
                        They have said they aren't considering it

Comment

Just sit back and watch, we don't know anything.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            They have said they aren't considering it
                            That's not what Paul Dottino said.

Comment

I wish they would do something where we extend Eli but for not much more and then spread his money out. I doubt he wants anymore money and would take some cut for more chances to win. We can guarantee his money and spread it out so he makes about 12 a year or so. Then we save money and boom winning lol

Comment

Working...
                              X