Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else not that upset with the FA so far?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else not that upset with the FA so far?

Not even going to say they will be fine because they do have a lot of holes to fill and might in fact struggle this year. Just never thought they had a shot at signing Bennett and maybe the team let KP go.

We just don't historically bring in a lot of free agents, especially expensive free agents.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      We just don't historically bring in a lot of free agents, especially expensive free agents.
      The last big splash we made was Rolle,,, and it ended up being an awful contract.

Comment

To me, nothing unexpected has happened. I didn't think we'd be able to keep either Bennett or KP. Thought we'd bring in a bunch of vet min type players. Lo and behold, that's exactly what's happened so far.

Comment

Yeah, but not just bringing in guys. The guys that are leaving does not upset me all that much either. Never thought they had a chance of signing Bennett since the season was over and the team may not have wanted KP back. At least not without securing themselves because of his history of injury and maybe he got more guaranteed money.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
            To me, nothing unexpected has happened. I didn't think we'd be able to keep either Bennett or KP. Thought we'd bring in a bunch of vet min type players. Lo and behold, that's exactly what's happened so far.
            Time to see what our draft picks have to offer
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Well actually it would be nice to see them do something with Rolle. If he doesn't take a pay cut then cut him.

Comment

Originally posted by speed3freak View Post
                The last big splash we made was Rolle,,, and it ended up being an awful contract.
                I think the last big splash may turn out to be Stevie Brown if he gets his act together

Comment

Time to see what our draft picks have to offer
                  Can't wait for the draft and the signing of a gem that Reese finds.

Comment

I think the last big splash may turn out to be Stevie Brown if he gets his act together
                    Stevie wasn't a big splash Roan... he was a no name we signed for nothing that turned into an interception monster.

Comment

I love watching teams like the Browns and Dolphins overpay for talent. How about the Titans giving Shonn Greene $4mil a year or paying G Andy Levitre more than Will Beatty a LT? Honestly, FA is probably the most overrated part of the off-season.

Free Agency is where you do your temp patch up jobs. The Draft is where teams are built.

Comment

I'm actually happy so far...nothing too drastic happened. Probably the worst thing is KP going to the Eagles but that's fine. Last time I was upset they got a good player for us he screwed them over and they had a disaster of a season.

I love the Jenkins pick up and I hope Mundy can contribute. Can't wait for the draft.
                        Last edited by egyptian420; 03-14-2013, 08:24 PM.

Comment

I was doing fine until KP went to Philly. Really didn't see that coming.
                          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Aaron Ross is back! mixed with a P. Diddy song.

He's coming home.
                            He's coming home.
                            Tell the world he's coming home.
                            Let his reign wash away....all the pains of bad draft days.
                            Another Superbowl awaits and the Giants should do a Harlem Shake.
                            He's coming home.
                            He's coming home.
                            Tell the world he's coming home.

Comment

I am not upset at all. This is what Reese does build through the draft not FA.

Comment

Working...
                              X