Too many people are overreacting.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many people are overreacting.

I don't know exactly whats going to happen this season, but I guarantee the Giants will be a competitive team. Super bowl? maybe not, but you never know, and why?

Jerry Reese is in his sixth season as the Giants’ Senior Vice President and General Manager. Reese is one of the most successful general managers in the NFL. His first five seasons as head of the franchise’s football operations included victories in Super Bowls XLII and XLVI, a 49-31 regular season record and an 8-1 postseason mark. During his tenure the Giants have won two NFC East championships, earned three postseason berths and have finished .500 or better in every season.

I trust Reese, and you would think most Giants fans would as well after two NFC east championships and 2 superbowl championships in 6 years.

People are so quick to judge. People aren't overreacting because of competition. They want a SB.

I want to be competitive, and then a SB. I want to be competitive. I'm just worried because I hate the 9-7 record. It's scary throughout the whole season, hoping we make it.

Comment

Its very hard to win a Superbowl, do you know how difficult it is to win 3 in 7 years with a salary cap? all you can ask for the Giants is to be competitive and put a solid team on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by ElIteManning10 View Post
        Its very hard to win a Superbowl, do you know how difficult it is to win 3 in 7 years with a salary cap? all you can ask for the Giants is to be competitive and put a solid team on the field.
        It doesn't annoying you winning a SB and then not winning the division after? With another 9-7 record?

Comment

I enjoy the Superbowl that much more. I know how difficult it is for a team to be a playoff contender every year.

Comment

@moke if your mad because you didn't repeat the SB then you need to grow up and quit being spoiled.

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
              @moke if your mad because you didn't repeat the SB then you need to grow up and quit being spoiled.
              Are you seriously going to follow me into every thread? lmaoooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
                It doesn't annoying you winning a SB and then not winning the division after? With another 9-7 record?
                your kidding, right? go root for the eagles or falcons for a season and get back to us,,,you will have answered your own question.

Comment

@moke your on every thread. Not my fault you want to shove your opinion down everyone's throat.
                  Last edited by GentleGiant; 03-14-2013, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Too many people are overreacting about people who are overreacting

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
                      I do not see where Moke said that he is is mad because we did not win a SB. He said that he is annoyed because we won A SB and then laid a goose egg. I am with Moke on this one. I have not posted anything about the signings or FA's leaving so far because I understand it is all business. Players have to take care themselves and look after their own interests. If they chose to leave and the Giants make a decision to let them go, so be it. Bennett left, KP left, some big names were cut, that's part of business. If Cruz or Hixon or anyone else leaves, that will be part of business too. Nothing we, as fans, can do about it. so there is no need to worry. What I am waiting to see is, when the dust settles, if we tank again next year, are we still going to be blaming the players and hold the coaches in such a high esteem?

Comment

Originally posted by giantsforce View Post
                        I do not see where Moke said that he is is mad because we did not win a SB. He said that he is annoyed because we won A SB and then laid a goose egg. I am with Moke on this one. I have not posted anything about the signings or FA's leaving so far because I understand it is all business. Players have to take care themselves and look after their own interests. If they chose to leave and the Giants make a decision to let them go, so be it. Bennett left, KP left, some big names were cut, that's part of business. If Cruz or Hixon or anyone else leaves, that will be part of business too. Nothing we, as fans, can do about it. so there is no need to worry. What I am waiting to see is, when the dust settles, if we tank again next year, are we still going to be blaming the players and hold the coaches in such a high esteem?
                        Who cares if you won the division? A team that lost the SB accomplished just as much as a team that went 2-14. FA is a big reason for that. Also don't encourage him. He's been raging on a dozen diff threads before this one. He'll probably tell you that he'd rather go 13-3 and lose the SB than actually win it.
                        Last edited by GentleGiant; 03-15-2013, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
                          Wow just wow. Winning the SB is the main objective. Who cares if they don't steamroll throughout the season?
                          We Want 5!

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                            your kidding, right? go root for the eagles or falcons for a season and get back to us,,,you will have answered your own question.
                            What a great argument. I feel so offended that you told me to go root for the eagles or the falcons, lol'd

Comment

Originally posted by giantsforce View Post
                              Thanks dude. We tend to have occasional spinners here. They love to spin people's words. This is why I don't post in the Giants threads anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X