I bet we retain Osi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bet we retain Osi

The market for DE's has been pretty timid. Bennett just signed a deal for 5 mil/1 yr. Avril got 15 mil/2yr. The Eagles just signed Connor Barwin 36 mil/6 yrs.

Those 3 guys are entering their primes and are starters/every down players. Osi...well osi's exiting his prime and is a situational player. Bet we get him back for around 3 mil and maybe 2 yrs. so 6 mil. Maybe to appease him the giants guarantee all of it. that way he can retire a Giant and we get a guy who from time to time displays all world talent.

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    The market for DE's has been pretty timid. Bennett just signed a deal for 5 mil/1 yr. Avril got 15 mil/2yr. The Eagles just signed Connor Barwin 36 mil/6 yrs.

Those 3 guys are entering their primes and are starters/every down players. Osi...well osi's exiting his prime and is a situational player. Bet we get him back for around 3 mil and maybe 2 yrs. so 6 mil. Maybe to appease him the giants guarantee all of it. that way he can retire a Giant and we get a guy who from time to time displays all world talent.

that about as productive as retaining DD

Comment

I bet he goes to the Jets.

Comment

You know, maybe Osi not getting an offer from another team will help his attitude. The guy has so much pass rushing talent and can make plays happen when his head is on straight. I would like him to come back for a reasonable contract and retire as a NY Giant if his head is on straight. As much as we bash Osi because of his attitude the past couple seasons, there is no denying his talent as a pass rusher. That is what is so frustrating because we get disappointed when he is off his game.

Although his attitude was bad, I think Osi can turn it around. The guy was instrumental in our 2 SuperBowl runs and no matter what terms he left on, he will always be considered a NY Giant All Time Great.

Comment

I think Osi is going to be one of those guys that a team grabs later on in Free Agency rather than early on. He is a 30+ pass rusher and a veteran that is going to expect a big pay day. When he does get signed by someone, it will probably be a 1-2 year deal and not for nearly as much as he had hoped for. Might even be after the draft once teams cement who they have coming to camp.
          Last edited by Rat_bastich; 03-15-2013, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
            I think Osi is going to be one of those guys that a team grabs later on in Free Agency rather than early on. He is a 30+ pass rusher and a veteran that is going to expect a big pay day. When he does get signed by someone, it will probably be a 1-2 year deal and not for nearly as much as he had hoped for. Might even be after the draft once teams cement who they have coming to camp.
            exactly. which is why i think he stays. hes stated that he holds the idea of retiring a giant like strahan did very highly. if being able to do so is pretty much no different financially here or there, why would he not want to retire with his team? it isnt as if we havnt given him every shot to get that big contract elsewhere...its just no one values him nearly the way he does himself. ironically, we may have even valued him more than any other team...may still be the case

Comment

exactly. which is why i think he stays. hes stated that he holds the idea of retiring a giant like strahan did very highly. if being able to do so is pretty much no different financially here or there, why would he not want to retire with his team? it isnt as if we havnt given him every shot to get that big contract elsewhere...its just no one values him nearly the way he does himself. ironically, we may have even valued him more than any other team...may still be the case
              What comes to mind is when the Giants let his agent and him find a trade partner and no one really wanted him. That was a couple years back when he was younger. I don't know the chance that he comes back, but if he did he would have to be willing to accept that maybe he can't be a starter and would have to be a situational guy. As with most pass rushers, he was one that got his sacks in spurts and then would just disappear. Not sure what the value of a guy like this is out there in free agency.

I don't think I've even heard rumblings of an interested party from his camp. In fact the biggest news I've heard about Osi is his engagement.

Comment

I like Osi on our team but hated his whining the past offseasons about contract.

To tell you the truth I like that the market for him is soft, hopefully now he eating his humble pie and sees that the giants we not low balling him.

Comment

My only wish is that IF he remains with the Giants, he still has the intention of being the DPOY. Lofty goals, but still.....

Comment

I wouldn't mind getting the 2013 NFL Defensive Player of the Year (LOL) back for veteran minimum as long he keeps his trap shut and just gets to that damn QB like he use to.

Comment

I think Osi burned his bridges here.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Giants5699 View Post
                        I bet he goes to the Jets.
                        This would not surprise me.

Or he goes to the Pats for cheap.
                        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                          This would not surprise me.

Or he goes to the Pats for cheap.
                          WOW. YOU DONT WANT THE 2013 NFL DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR BACK? LOL. ON SECOND THOUGHT MAYBE YOUR RIGHT?

Comment

Originally posted by NYGiantsFan56 View Post
                            WOW. YOU DONT WANT THE 2013 NFL DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR BACK? LOL. ON SECOND THOUGHT MAYBE YOUR RIGHT?
                            I'd take him back if he brought your caps lock key with him

Comment

They will let him hang out in FA for a while before they do, if they do.
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
                              X