Players Giants have let go since Reese took over

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players Giants have let go since Reese took over

Like every year I have been freaking out watching players leave the Giants in free agency, but something just occurred to me. Have any of the players the Giants have let walk since Reese has been GM been successful where they went??? I actually can not think of one player. In Reese We Trust!

Shockey won a SB with Saints the next year and he was key in that game. But that was his last hurrah.

Will Allen had a full career after leaving the Giants but I wouldn't call him anything but a journeyman.

Cofield is probably the closest being a full starter with the Redskins and that team getting better now.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I agree with the Cofield one, I think that is the only player the Giants have regretted letting go.

Comment

I think it has more to do with a player not adapting to a new team's system as well as they did to that of the Giants system .... than with Jerry Reese being some kind of clairvoyant genius, able to foretell when to get rid of a guy.
        Lets not give him too much credit. After all...many of these fan favorites that we lost were because of financial issues....not the talent evaluating acumen of Jerry Reese
        "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
          Shockey won a SB with Saints the next year and he was key in that game. But that was his last hurrah.

Will Allen had a full career after leaving the Giants but I wouldn't call him anything but a journeyman.

Cofield is probably the closest being a full starter with the Redskins and that team getting better now.
          Shockey was the highest paid TE in football when the Saints got him, sure they may have won a Superbowl, but they ate their lunch on that contract and you could argue he cost them a chance at another superbowl with his shenanigans the following season.

Allen was better after he left. I agree there.

Coefield has not been the star on the skins people seem to think he is. I am not sure where this is coming from. His stats for the last 2 years combined with the skins are about the same as they were for just his 2010 season with the Giants. He has been good, but he was far better with us.
          sigpic

Comment

Ryan Clark was the biggest loss in the Reese Era, followed by Ryan Grant.......Clark also metted out some horrific punishment on Cruz in the end zone last year and made us pay for letting him walk
            Cruz was never the same player after that hit
            Arron Ross was a huge loss but he is back.....I was watching the last Giants SB and Ross and JPP were the Defensive heroes in that game
            Ross was killing people....JPP was all over the field and blocked a lot of passes

Comment

Was Shiancoe part of the Reese era? He ended up having a few good years on the vikings

Comment

Originally posted by btbrennan View Post
                Was Shiancoe part of the Reese era? He ended up having a few good years on the vikings
                Not too sure. He played here through '06, but not too sure if he was let go before or after Reese took over.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                  Shockey was the highest paid TE in football when the Saints got him, sure they may have won a Superbowl, but they ate their lunch on that contract and you could argue he cost them a chance at another superbowl with his shenanigans the following season.

Allen was better after he left. I agree there.

Coefield has not been the star on the skins people seem to think he is. I am not sure where this is coming from. His stats for the last 2 years combined with the skins are about the same as they were for just his 2010 season with the Giants. He has been good, but he was far better with us.
                  He plays nose in a 34 in DC. He isn't going to compile a ton of stats. His job is to eat up blockers. He's done very well in DC. If nothing else, he's done no worse there than he had been here.

Comment

I'd love to get Kevin Boss back or the other guy who went up to play with Bellicheat

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                      I'd love to get Kevin Boss back or the other guy who went up to play with Bellicheat
                      Boss should probably retire. Not to sound harsh, but he's one hit away from needing a feeding tube. I loved Ballard when he was here, but he's nothing spectacular.

Comment

Ryan Clark was the biggest loss in the Reese Era, followed by Ryan Grant.......Clark also metted out some horrific punishment on Cruz in the end zone last year and made us pay for letting him walk
                        Cruz was never the same player after that hit
                        Arron Ross was a huge loss but he is back.....I was watching the last Giants SB and Ross and JPP were the Defensive heroes in that game
                        Ross was killing people....JPP was all over the field and blocked a lot of passes
                        We let Clark go after the '03 season. That was before Reese's tenure as GM. Ross wasn't a big loss. I'm glad he's back, but he's a CB4, not a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                          We let Clark go after the '03 season. That was before Reese's tenure as GM. Ross wasn't a big loss. I'm glad he's back, but he's a CB4, not a starter.
                          watch the last giants SB victory and tell me that.........Ross played like a man possessed

Comment

watch the last giants SB victory and tell me that.........Ross played like a man possessed
                            That doesn't mean that he was a good player. It means he had a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post

Giants didn't let Shockey walk though.
                              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Working...
                              X