In the end ............

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the end ............

.....we wasted a boat load of money on Canty.

It seems like he missed half the games during his time here with an array of injuries. When healthy he was good but never a wrecking crew which we rightfully expected given the money we paid for him.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Look forward to a better season
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I think we got our value out of him. His ferocious pass rush in the 2nd half of the 2011 season was worth it by itself. He was a beast for those last 4-5 games plus the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

It seems like he missed half the games during his time here with an array of injuries. When healthy he was good but never a wrecking crew which we rightfully expected given the money we paid for him.
        2011 alone made it worth the money.
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          Look forward to a better season
          Thanks, I may sound a bit down with all the harping on the OL etc but I am really very excited. I think that the free agent market is setting up beautifully for us in that very few teams have cash to burn and therefore we'll be able to pluck a few surprises at modest dollars that will work for us. Go Blue!!

Comment

Thanks, I may sound a bit down with all the harping on the OL etc but I am really very excited. I think that the free agent market is setting up beautifully for us in that very few teams have cash to burn and therefore we'll be able to pluck a few surprises at modest dollars that will work for us. Go Blue!!
            I am right there with you re: the OLine. That has to be addressed this season. Reese will find some short gems in FA and long term hopefuls in the draft
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
              2011 alone made it worth the money.
              He was indeed a big part of that but $25-$30M for a half season seems like a really bad value for us. We could have had a really good CB, a top OL for that kind of money and they might have been healthy for most of their time here.

Comment

I'm ecstatic for the draft and the new season.

I think we're in a really good position right now.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

he was injured a lot! we are fortunate we had capable depth in that area!

he was a factor when he played but questionable if he was worth the money we paid him imo!
                  sigpic

Comment

He was indeed a big part of that but $25-$30M for a half season seems like a really bad value for us. We could have had a really good CB, a top OL for that kind of money and they might have been healthy for most of their time here.
                    I can't cry over spilled milk and yeah it would have been nice had he been healthier during his time here.

But there are 31 other GMs who would happily spend $30M to win a SB, so I'm not bitter. I liked him when he was here and I'm ok with replacing him (and I think Jenkins is an upgrade at his spot).

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                      I can't cry over spilled milk and yeah it would have been nice had he been healthier during his time here.

But there are 31 other GMs who would happily spend $30M to win a SB, so I'm not bitter. I liked him when he was here and I'm ok with replacing him (and I think Jenkins is an upgrade at his spot).
                      I am not bitter, just reflecting on what money buys you. Some deals are steals and some are duds. It is so randon what guys get paid relative to their contribution. Look at what Cruz makes and Bradshaw made for his first 4 years. I was first drawn to Canty when someone here posted what everyone was making on the team. I was bowled over to see that Canty was like the 4th highest player on the team after Eli, Rolle, maybe Tuck or Snee. I am kind of locked into the money part of it now because we are in full swing with free agency so my mind is focused there. I also read that Canty's new contract was like $8.5M over 3 years with a $2.8M guarantee and was also struck by how much less he'll make even though he is a young guy and relatively healthy. It's just interesting to me to watch all of this play out.

Comment

No doubt. The Giants have overpaid quite a few FA's which tells me we need improvement in our Pro-Personnel Dept.

Comment

I am not bitter, just reflecting on what money buys you. Some deals are steals and some are duds. It is so randon what guys get paid relative to their contribution. Look at what Cruz makes and Bradshaw made for his first 4 years. I was first drawn to Canty when someone here posted what everyone was making on the team. I was bowled over to see that Canty was like the 4th highest player on the team after Eli, Rolle, maybe Tuck or Snee. I am kind of locked into the money part of it now because we are in full swing with free agency so my mind is focused there. I also read that Canty's new contract was like $8.5M over 3 years with a $2.8M guarantee and was also struck by how much less he'll make even though he is a young guy and relatively healthy. It's just interesting to me to watch all of this play out.
                          Yeah generally you end up paying more when you pay retail.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                            No doubt. The Giants have overpaid quite a few FA's which tells me we need improvement in our Pro-Personnel Dept.
                            If you get one of the top FA's in any given year, you overpay. That's how it works.

Comment

A lot of money has been wasted on 30 somethings on the downside of their careers.

Comment

Working...
                              X