Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need reassurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I need reassurance

    Recently I was posting a story on my facebook about my foray into the online dating world. When I mentioned that I had listed "Philedelphia Eagles fan" as a dealbreaker, it launched a 2-page comment thread where everyone is chewing me out over that. I need Giants fans around here that actually understand where i'm coming from regarding this to reassure me that I made the right decision...

    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Recently I was posting a story on my facebook about my foray into the online dating world. When I mentioned that I had listed "Philedelphia Eagles fan" as a dealbreaker, it launched a 2-page comment thread where everyone is chewing me out over that. I need people around here that actually understand where im coming from to tell me that I made the right decision...
    Honestly. I'm a huge rangers fan and a giants fan. I wouldn't care too much if the girl was an eagles fan or a devils fan.

    But I can understand your reasoning. It could lead to disaster if the girl is a ***** already.

    I wouldn't look into it that much.... It's your decision on who you want to be. Not being an eagles fan sheds off not that many people, so you have nothing to worry about.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Moke View Post
      Honestly. I'm a huge rangers fan and a giants fan. I wouldn't care too much if the girl was an eagles fan or a devils fan.

      But I can understand your reasoning. It could lead to disaster if the girl is a ***** already.

      I wouldn't look into it that much.... It's your decision on who you want to be. Not being an eagles fan sheds off not that many people, so you have nothing to worry about.
      Everyone was calling me "petty" though... they don't understand what it really means to have your blood run blue.

      I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

      Comment


      • #4
        If you have a model sitting in front of you wearing an Eagles jersey, and you say no, I have every right to question your orientation. It's dating, not marriage. You have to be human before you can be a Giants fan.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
          Recently I was posting a story on my facebook about my foray into the online dating world. When I mentioned that I had listed "Philedelphia Eagles fan" as a dealbreaker, it launched a 2-page comment thread where everyone is chewing me out over that. I need Giants fans around here that actually understand where i'm coming from regarding this to reassure me that I made the right decision...
          Having worked in Philthadelphia, I can assure you that you are on target.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
            Everyone was calling me "petty" though... they don't understand what it really means to have your blood run blue.
            Not really. You can be considered "petty" for a lot of reasons.

            Online dating is tough, you kinda have to be "petty", otherwise you'll get a large range of different people and you'll have a higher chance of meeting a whack job.

            Don't listen to them. Online dating works supposedly. I always told myself I would hate to have to use it, but I wouldn't mind trying it out one day.

            I'm not single though, so I really haven't gotten the chance to use it lol, but I can imagine I would add stuff like this:

            Ranger fan
            Loves to read books,

            etc.

            Comment


            • #7
              Cant help ya there. I hate the Patriots almost as much as I hate the rest of our division, but I live in Boston so if I ruled out dating Pats fans id be in trouble haha.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                If you have a model sitting in front of you wearing an Eagles jersey, and you say no, I have every right to question your orientation. It's dating, not marriage. You have to be human before you can be a Giants fan.


                This too. I wouldn't look into it that much. DOn't bring it up during the date though, and make sure she's not that crazy where she'd stab you or something for talking bad about the Eagles.

                Comment


                • #9
                  If you're looking for a women on-line, you probably shouldn't worry about what football team she roots for.
                  #80

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Didn't you go to NJIT? It was as evenly dispersed between Giants, Jets and Eagles fans as it gets.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Honestly, I don't think football should be influencing your life decisions. You're denying yourself opportunities for the sake of fan loyalty.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                        If you have a model sitting in front of you wearing an Eagles jersey, and you say no, I have every right to question your orientation. It's dating, not marriage. You have to be human before you can be a Giants fan.
                        Should we be screening applicants for that????
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                          If you're looking for a women on-line, you probably shouldn't worry about what football team she roots for.
                          Are you trying to prove the point that you are desperate if you are looking for women online?

                          That's unfair judgement. That's not true at all. People, as they get older, just have a hard time finding friends who are single and going out and meeting people.

                          Dating world isn't as easy it used to be I believe. Lots of women are working these days and are pretty occupied themselves.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                            Honestly, I don't think football should be influencing your life decisions. You're denying yourself opportunities for the sake of fan loyalty.
                            If I don't stick to my principles, what is left? Being a Giants fan got me through a very hard time in my life in early 2012... no job, no love, and family starting to distance themselves from me because of the lack of job. Then I was forced to go to my cousin's wedding (which was a very overdone affair if you ask me)... the only good thing in my life was the Giants rising up from 7-7 to SB champions...

                            Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                            Didn't you go to NJIT? It was as evenly dispersed between Giants, Jets and Eagles fans as it gets.
                            Yes, but it was also a total sausage fest. 80% male when I was there, even worse now. So it's not like I was really looking for love there, rather an education.
                            Last edited by Toadofsteel; 03-15-2013, 04:22 PM.

                            I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                              Yes, but it was also a total sausage fest. 80% male when I was there, even worse now. So it's not like I was really looking for love there, rather an education.
                              And good for you. That's exactly what you should have been doing.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X