Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cross the Vikes of the list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cross the Vikes of the list

    The Vikes just came to terms with Jennings, so 1 fewer suitor for Cruz.

  • #2
    And then there were none.......
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

    Comment


    • #3
      There's still STL.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Drez View Post
        There's still STL.
        yup, I think St Louis might be the last serious team at going after Cruz. I have read some back and forth rumblings on twitter between the beat writers.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Drez View Post
          There's still STL.
          Yes, but I don't think it will happen and, as we've suggested, should they present an offer sheet it's going to be under $8M and we should cover that
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • #6
            No team would get him other than St. Louis I believe. No team wants to lose a 1st and pay a lot when they might as well wait for next year, and hope that he doesn't get a long-term contract.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              Yes, but I don't think it will happen and, as we've suggested, should they present an offer sheet it's going to be under $8M and we should cover that
              Unless they do a poison pill like Seattle did with Hutchison years ago.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by gabriel_1 View Post
                No team would get him other than St. Louis I believe. No team wants to lose a 1st and pay a lot when they might as well wait for next year, and hope that he doesn't get a long-term contract.
                With the market values we've seen recently for WRs, I think it's very likely Cruz will be here long term.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ImElectric2 View Post
                  Unless they do a poison pill like Seattle did with Hutchison years ago.
                  Someone has suggested they can no longer use poison pills, but I've not tried to verify that
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    Someone has suggested they can no longer use poison pills, but I've not tried to verify that
                    As I clicked post I thought I remembered hearing that happening but the memory wasn't clear enough to believe. I think with Hutch it was like "if he plays 5 or more games a year in Minnesota he gets $15mil in bonuses" or something absurd like that.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ImElectric2 View Post
                      Unless they do a poison pill like Seattle did with Hutchison years ago.
                      Part of the new CBA is you can't put poison pills in contracts.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        And then there were none.......
                        I think there always were none, but you know how people panic on this board.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Cruz was never going anywhere...
                          "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            St. Louis isn't gonna take him. They got bigger holes to fill.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
                              St. Louis isn't gonna take him. They got bigger holes to fill.
                              They just lost Amendola and Gibson. STL is about as real a possibility as there is.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X