Cross the Vikes of the list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross the Vikes of the list

The Vikes just came to terms with Jennings, so 1 fewer suitor for Cruz.

And then there were none.......
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

There's still STL.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
        There's still STL.
        yup, I think St Louis might be the last serious team at going after Cruz. I have read some back and forth rumblings on twitter between the beat writers.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
          There's still STL.
          Yes, but I don't think it will happen and, as we've suggested, should they present an offer sheet it's going to be under $8M and we should cover that
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

No team would get him other than St. Louis I believe. No team wants to lose a 1st and pay a lot when they might as well wait for next year, and hope that he doesn't get a long-term contract.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              Yes, but I don't think it will happen and, as we've suggested, should they present an offer sheet it's going to be under $8M and we should cover that
              Unless they do a poison pill like Seattle did with Hutchison years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel_1 View Post
                No team would get him other than St. Louis I believe. No team wants to lose a 1st and pay a lot when they might as well wait for next year, and hope that he doesn't get a long-term contract.
                With the market values we've seen recently for WRs, I think it's very likely Cruz will be here long term.

Comment

Originally posted by ImElectric2 View Post
                  Someone has suggested they can no longer use poison pills, but I've not tried to verify that

Comment

Someone has suggested they can no longer use poison pills, but I've not tried to verify that
                    As I clicked post I thought I remembered hearing that happening but the memory wasn't clear enough to believe. I think with Hutch it was like "if he plays 5 or more games a year in Minnesota he gets $15mil in bonuses" or something absurd like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ImElectric2 View Post
                      Part of the new CBA is you can't put poison pills in contracts.

Comment

And then there were none.......
                        I think there always were none, but you know how people panic on this board.

Comment

Cruz was never going anywhere...
                          "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

St. Louis isn't gonna take him. They got bigger holes to fill.

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
                              St. Louis isn't gonna take him. They got bigger holes to fill.
                              They just lost Amendola and Gibson. STL is about as real a possibility as there is.

Comment

Working...
                              X