• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny Phillips: Iíll learn to hate the Giants

Kenny Phillips: Iíll learn to hate the Giants

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 15, 2013, 8:39 PM EDT

Getty Images
    The New York Giants are the only team Kenny Phillips has played for in his five-year NFL career. But Phillips is a Philadelphia Eagle now, and he knows what Philly fans want to hear.

Thatís why, Phillips said, even though it will be difficult at first, heíll learn to hate the Giants, as an Eagle should.

ďItís weird. Itís definitely weird. But at this point I canít say I hate the Giants. When I was with the Giants I kind of disliked the Eagles. But I canít just say right now I hate the Giants. I guess Iíll have to learn to hate them,Ē Phillips said.

Phillips has already learned to love Eagles coach Chip Kelly, whom Phillips said heís excited to play for.

ďOnce I got here and just speaking to the coaching staff and speaking to Chip, I can honestly say I feel at home,Ē Phillips said. ďThe Giants is a great organization. But Iím really happy to be here right now just surrounded by some great people and great players. I never thought Iíd be sitting here today as a Philadelphia Eagle.Ē

And Phillips never thought heíd hate the Giants. But heís ready to learn.

Non story, and he said I guess I'll HAVE to learn to hate them. He only signed for one year, he's gone next year and back with us

SUPER SECRET DOUBLE AGENT KENNY PHILLIPS
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Well what do you want him to say? I love the giants and hope they kick my new teams butt twice this year? Lets not get stupid guys

Comment

well I'm bitter haha

Comment

The Giants are longer his concern,he better worry about the health of his knee and if he's going to make it through the season.While he's out there talking he better call Steve Smith and ask him how things turned out for him once he proved not to be healthy enough to play.I don't even know if he's in the league anymore.He better learn to respect the Blue because if things go bad for him there he'll be his *** right back here next year looking for a job.He better check his self

Comment

KP shouldn't sweat it, he will more than likely be inactive due to injury when we play the Eagles anyway.

Comment

Thats a pretty poorly written article. If people bothered to listen to the interview you can tell Phillips struggled with the decision. He started that whole thing off by saying how he hated the eagles when he was here and how he couldnt say he hated the giants at all at this point. He was very thankful for everything the Giants did for him.

Comment

one of my fav players when he was here. I'm getting sick to my stomach seeing him in Eagles green..he deserves better than that. That being said he is now the enemy, I hope he has good health but completely sucks on the football field.

Comment

He went to our most hated division rival. What did you expect him to say? He doesn't sound the least bit bitter or angry, he just made a business decision that was good for him. Non story
                  The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

loyalty is a dead moral value in today's generation...sad

Comment

He's just getting his teammates to "accept" him. Whats he suppose to say, "i still love the team thats now my division rival"? Come on.
                      The only good race is at suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
                        loyalty is a dead moral value in today's generation...sad
                        Do you know what the Giants offered him? No. So this has nothing to do with loyalty. Im sure if a different employer offered you 2-3 times more salary you would turn it down because of loyalty right?

Comment

This sucks, but I wish him the best. I won't root against him ever. I'm a Canes fan and a Giants fan so he was one of my favorite Giants. I hope his knees hold up and he can play good football for the Eagles for as long as possible. KP is a class act.
                          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to ďbeat the market,Ē no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasnít stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by mikeq6722 View Post
                            Do you know what the Giants offered him? No. So this has nothing to do with loyalty. Im sure if a different employer offered you 2-3 times more salary you would turn it down because of loyalty right?
                            no I wouldn't..what your talking about is another Ethic called "Greed" and based on the example you used it's clear you would take the bait. I wouldn't expect you to understand why some people value loyalty above all else.

Take Cruz's situation. What could you possibly do with 10+ mil a year that you couldn't do with 6-7 a year? Would you be living a life of hardship? I think not....

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
                              no I wouldn't..what your talking about is another Ethic called "Greed" and based on the example you used it's clear you would take the bait. I wouldn't expect you to understand why some people value loyalty above all else.

Take Cruz's situation. What could you possibly do with 10+ mil a year that you couldn't do with 6-7 a year? Would you be living a life of hardship? I think not....
                              Exactly what are they being loyal to? Any team will cut a player that doesn't perform, as soon as they stop performing, regardless of their popularity, personal finances, or any other reason. I don't think you quite understand the risk inherent in playing football. The average career is like 3 years, the next play could always be a player's last play, so it doesn't make sense to sacrifice money for loyalty when not one team in this league will consider a player's loyalty in assessing whether or not a player makes the roster.
                              Last edited by B&RWarrior; 03-15-2013, 10:39 PM.
                              Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to ďbeat the market,Ē no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasnít stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Working...
                              X