Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think Cruz will sign over the weekend? YAY ANOTHER CRUZ THREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think Cruz will sign over the weekend? YAY ANOTHER CRUZ THREAD!

I know, sue me.

Do we think Cruz will sign over the weekend now that this 5 day no sign rule is out of effect or are we still waiting to free up money? Is there even still a rush? I'd think we want him resigned as quickly as possible since he's still dangling on a string on the market... even if that market comes with a 1st round tender and a new contract
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    I know, sue me
    I'm calling my lawyer

Comment

MOM! THEY'RE DOING CRUZ THREADS AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
        I know, sue me.Do we think Cruz will sign over the weekend now that this 5 day no sign rule is out of effect or are we still waiting to free up money? Is there even still a rush? I'd think we want him resigned as quickly as possible since he's still dangling on a string on the market... even if that market comes with a 1st round tender and a new contract
        They still may. Under the new CBA if a team waits until 48 hours (or less) before the draft to formally present a RFA's current team with the offer sheet (and they decline to match it), the draft pick compensation doesn't change hands until the next year.So it's possible that a team can reach an agreement in principle with Cruz, but would rather give up next year's 1st believing that his addition coupled with who they select in the 1st rd this year will translate into more wins and thus have them picking later in the round next year, making that pick of lesser value than this year's 1st.

Comment

I couldn't click fast enough to read this thread ! NOT! (I do hope we keep him, though) to blast by KP!
          Last edited by tcseacliff; 03-15-2013, 11:30 PM. Reason: i said F* the eagles! did not mean to trash talk!

Comment

Originally posted by CruznNicks View Post
            They still may. Under the new CBA if a team waits until 48 hours (or less) before the draft to formally present a RFA's current team with the offer sheet (and they decline to match it), the draft pick compensation doesn't change hands until the next year.So it's possible that a team can reach an agreement in principle with Cruz, but would rather give up next year's 1st believing that his addition coupled with who they select in the 1st rd this year will translate into more wins and thus have them picking later in the round next year, making that pick of lesser value than this year's 1st.
            hmm interesting. Lets hope the giants can get something done soon as possible then.
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

He'll sign his tender and become a UFA next year. Hopefully they'll renegotiate and sign a new deal before the end of this upcomming season.

Comment

It would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by CruznNicks View Post
                  Doesn't matter this year. Offers have to come in by 4-19, the draft is 4-25.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                    I'm calling my lawyer
                    Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
                    MOM! THEY'RE DOING CRUZ THREADS AGAIN!
                    LOL this made me burst out laughing... thanks for that GentleGiant
                    Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 03-16-2013, 12:23 AM.

Comment

No, I think from a business standpoint the option for the Giants FO is clear. Ride it out. If he is offered anything that we are willing to match we match, if not, we let him play next season and if he stays relatively healthy and productive, we resign him before FA.

Comment

Originally posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
                        No, I think from a business standpoint the option for the Giants FO is clear. Ride it out. If he is offered anything that we are willing to match we match, if not, we let him play next season and if he stays relatively healthy and productive, we resign him before FA.
                        That's the dumbest thing we could do. The longer we hold out on Cruz the less likely he will want to return. We owe him a contract this season. He earned it.

Guarantee you if we don't lock him up now he walks next free agency.

Comment

he is signing his tender, and a team will give up a late first rounder for him I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                            he is signing his tender, and a team will give up a late first rounder for him I think.
                            I doubt it. At this point there's really only one team that might​ offer him a contract, and that's STL.

Comment

While Cruz may be a known commodity, I'm not sure anyone would be willing to give up a first round pick for him, especially with the rookie cap now in place. I think the Giants will have him locked up for awhile and probably pretty soon. Most likely, both sides are just waiting for the time to pass where they can sign the dotted line. I would not be surprised to see something announced almost immediately after both parties are allowed to do something.

Comment

Working...
                              X