If we get Myers...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we get Myers...

I can almost guarantee our first overall pick will be OL, DE, or CB.

As much as many of you will hate this, I doubt we take a LB in the first round. One reason is the Connor signing, another is that we never draft LB's in the first round anyways. We usually don't draft OL either so I'm thinking DE or CB.

Personally, I'm loving this Xavier Rhodes kid, the more I watch him the more I feel like he's better than Milliner. It would be awesome if he was still available at 19. What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by egyptian420; 03-16-2013, 05:30 PM.

I think the Giants will do what they always do and go with the best player available, not a particular position. Who that ends up being depends on what other teams do. That is kind of a cop-out I guess... but with the Giants you can never predict who they will draft.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
      I think the Giants will do what they always do and go with the best player available, not a particular position. Who that ends up being depends on what other teams do. That is kind of a cop-out I guess... but with the Giants you can never predict who they will draft.
      That is true to a certain extent. But there are some positions like QB, RB that you just know we won't draft in the first. Also positions like WR and TE (especially if we sign Myers) would be unlikely in the first.

But all that aside, nothing surprises me from Reese. I just have a hunch the BPA we take will be in one of those positions.

Comment

If we do get Myers I don't think we bring back Boothe, therefore in the first round we will either pick. CB,OG,LB or DE. I think LB is still an option, because Connor and Rivers are injury prones, and we can't really rely on them.

Some Options:

Xavier Rhodes, CB Florida State
        Jonathan Cooper, OG/C South Carolina
        Alec Ogletree, ILB Georgia
        Desmond Trufant, CB Washington
        Damontre Moore, DE Texas A&M
        Bjorn Warner, DE Florida State
        D.J. Flucker, OT Alabama

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
          That is true to a certain extent. But there are some positions like QB, RB that you just know we won't draft in the first. Also positions like WR and TE (especially if we sign Myers) would be unlikely in the first.

But all that aside, nothing surprises me from Reese. I just have a hunch the BPA we take will be in one of those positions.
          Not TE is worthy of the #19 pick in this draft. You could make the case for Eifert, but I don't think he is worth.

Comment

We seem to be signing guys for minimum one year deals, so I don't think Myers will sign for that, especially after the year he had with I believe 87 catches.

Comment

even if we don't I can guarantee that it still wont be a tight end in the 1st. you will see your TE in the 4th round on if someone appeals to Jerry.

Comment

Originally posted by TennisMenace View Post
                deals, so I don't think Myers will sign for that, especially after the year he had with I believe 87 catches.
                79 catches, 809 yards. Bennett finished with 55/626. Lower catch rate, though.

Comment

I hope we go with Werner in the first round. With him and JPP on the other side that'll fix our secondary problems

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                    79 catches, 809 yards. Bennett finished with 55/626. Lower catch rate, though.
                    I'd be surprised there isn't one team out there willing to give Myers a 3 yr deal, but if there isn't, we may luck out with our one year deal, but I doubt it would be under 3 million.

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel_1 View Post
                      Not TE is worthy of the #19 pick in this draft. You could make the case for Eifert, but I don't think he is worth.
                      This and the fact that we usually don't go TE in the first. They were pretty high on Robinson (although that could be a bunch of politically correct BS from Reese), we got Pascoe, and then possibly Myers. I think that would almost guarantee we don't go TE in the first.

You have some very interesting guys that I'd love to draft in the first. Rhodes, Warner, and Damontre Moore are my favorites from that list. I'd like Ogeltree too but I've given up on thinking we'll draft a LB in the first....too many times my hopes have been shattered on draft day for me to still be wishing for this.

Comment

We're not taking a LB in the first round, and it has nothing to do with Dan Connor. No LB who might be there is worthy of the 19th pick

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          We're not taking a LB in the first round, and it has nothing to do with Dan Connor. No LB who might be there is worthy of the 19th pick
                          Outside of Mingo playing OLB against the read option, that's how I see it too. I guess getting someone like Ogletree would be fine if we also traded back and received more selections but we'll be in a good spot to get a DL for the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                            Your right about that. There is no linebacker worthy as our 19th pick.

Comment

I really hope we Go MLB with our first pick. We need a Run Stuffing MLB and have needed one for many years. Let the Tackles play pick and rush the passer and let the MLB Stuff up the middle. Our run defense is horrible and a Good MLB will solve a lot of that problem. Offenses have ran the ball with a lot of good success right through the heart of our defense. The only way to stop that is with a MLB who can shed blocks, get off the ball quickly, and can read offenses especially in running situations

Peace
                              Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X