Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JR Knows More Than We Do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JR Knows More Than We Do

    Boss, Ballard, and Bennet have mostly the same stats. ( The Bears paid too much ) . As for the other FA signings ( one man's trainning camp fodder, is another man's servicable player ). All the pundits couldn't believe what Welker signed for. But slot recievers are not megatron types. ( while we were shakin in our boots, JR knew better ).

  • #2
    IMOVHO --- The Bears did not pay too much for Bennet, We got to see some of what Bennet is capable of, but Im 100% positive that he has a lot more that he is capable of doing. If given the chance and Gain experience as a Recieving (Key Word Recieving) Tight End. His size and Strength alone is an asset he needs to gain more confidence in his abilities. The only way to achieve that is playing in Games.

    He will have a VERY VERY GOOD Career In Chicago.

    Peace
    Dan

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by danme View Post
      IMOVHO --- The Bears did not pay too much for Bennet, We got to see some of what Bennet is capable of, but Im 100% positive that he has a lot more that he is capable of doing. If given the chance and Gain experience as a Recieving (Key Word Recieving) Tight End. His size and Strength alone is an asset he needs to gain more confidence in his abilities. The only way to achieve that is playing in Games.

      He will have a VERY VERY GOOD Career In Chicago.

      Peace
      Dan

      Absolutely.

      The Chicago weather will agree with him and he will become exactly what he hasn't been through the first five years of his contract. If things really break well maybe he'll even learn how to catch the ball.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by danme View Post
        IMOVHO --- The Bears did not pay too much for Bennet, We got to see some of what Bennet is capable of, but Im 100% positive that he has a lot more that he is capable of doing. If given the chance and Gain experience as a Recieving (Key Word Recieving) Tight End. His size and Strength alone is an asset he needs to gain more confidence in his abilities. The only way to achieve that is playing in Games.

        He will have a VERY VERY GOOD Career In Chicago.

        Peace
        Dan
        The Bears got fleeced. Bennett will be cut before the 3rd year of that deal.

        Comment


        • #5
          OMG -- You guys really hate Bennet -- Dont You?? Wow he never really got a real chance In Dallas and he was learning out Offense last Season. I really liked what he brought to us he was an above average blocker and caught some nice passes for us and moved the chains not to mention his TD catches.

          He will be good and get better over the next 2-3 seasons being that he will learn the Offense in Chicago and will gain confidence

          Peace
          Dan

          Comment


          • #6
            no, bennett has far more skills than any of those T.E's you've listed.. The only thing is, is he willing to continue to work and get better or even stay at his current playing level.. We saw flashes of major play making ability with him for just being a T.E... He's replaceable, but def has the potential to be an excellent T.E.. tons of room for improvement but thats up to him.
            #80
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ALLnygIN View Post
              no, bennett has far more skills than any of those T.E's you've listed.. The only thing is, is he willing to continue to work and get better or even stay at his current playing level.. We saw flashes of major play making ability with him for just being a T.E... He's replaceable, but def has the potential to be an excellent T.E.. tons of room for improvement but thats up to him.
              Well, he does have tons of natural talent but I question if he finally has turned into a productive hard worker or if he will get fat (not literally) and happy with his new contract with the Bears.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by danme View Post
                OMG -- You guys really hate Bennet -- Dont You?? Wow he never really got a real chance In Dallas and he was learning out Offense last Season. I really liked what he brought to us he was an above average blocker and caught some nice passes for us and moved the chains not to mention his TD catches.

                He will be good and get better over the next 2-3 seasons being that he will learn the Offense in Chicago and will gain confidence

                Peace
                Dan

                I don't hate him at all. I thought he was an very good addition to the team last year and I think he played a major role in improving the running game when he was on the field. I would have liked the Giants to keep him if they could do so at a price that makes sense for them.

                I frankly don't see him ever becoming a top TE although I do think he is one of the top blocking TEs today. But he's not a great pass catcher nor a great route runner.

                Citing a guy for what he is as opposed to what he could maybe be is not being a hater.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I don't hate Bennett, but i've always thought some of u overrated em and never thought he was some super additn that made us so much better.. Get a real deal TE like Eifert in here, and he'll tear up what Ballard Boss and Bennett did..

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by danme View Post
                    OMG -- You guys really hate Bennet -- Dont You?? Wow he never really got a real chance In Dallas and he was learning out Offense last Season. I really liked what he brought to us he was an above average blocker and caught some nice passes for us and moved the chains not to mention his TD catches.

                    He will be good and get better over the next 2-3 seasons being that he will learn the Offense in Chicago and will gain confidence

                    Peace
                    Dan
                    The idea that he never got a real chance in Dallas is just wrong. He was a total disappointment in Dallas.

                    He's been in the league 5 years, and has had one above average season. How that warrants a 4 year $20M deal, I'll never know.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Your kidding me right --- What chance did he get in Dallas -- Dallas has one of the BEST and was the Best TE a few years ago in Witten. What chance did Bennet get -- They used him as a Blocking TE

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                        I don't hate Bennett, but i've always thought some of u overrated em and never thought he was some super additn that made us so much better.. Get a real deal TE like Eifert in here, and he'll tear up what Ballard Boss and Bennett did..
                        What makes Eifert a better TE than Bennett?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by danme View Post
                          Your kidding me right --- What chance did he get in Dallas -- Dallas has one of the BEST and was the Best TE a few years ago in Witten. What chance did Bennet get -- They used him as a Blocking TE
                          The Cowboys can't use 2 TE sets? Don't you think that was the plan when they spent a 2nd round pick on Bennett when Witten was still in his prime? Or did they not realize that Witten was on the team when they drafted Bennett?

                          If your premise is that this guy would have been an elite TE if not for the presence of Witten on the Cowboys, then why didn't any of the 32 teams in the NFL realize this when he became an unrestricted FA? The best deal that he could get was a crap one year "show me" deal from the Giants.

                          The guy had a decent year last year and I would like to have retained him at a reasonable price. However, the idea that he didn't get a chance in Dallas because Witten was on the team is unmitigated horse****.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                            The Bears got fleeced. Bennett will be cut before the 3rd year of that deal.
                            Really Nostradamus, what NFL player lasts out their three year deal nowadays.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Jr does know, the team is starting to shape up with the additions this weekend. New TE, New WR, new tough defenders. I am liking this team now. We needed some change and we are getting it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X