• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So far, JR gets a B-

What I like...
    -Resigning of Beatty
    -Paycuts to Webby and DD
    -Ross signing. (vet FA who knows system) I actually love this pick.
    -Jenkins signing (add to the DT rotation, very important)

What I'm OK with.....
    Conner signing. ( not great but as long as he's cheap, I see it)
    Mundy signing.

Head scrather.......
    Louis Murphy? I just don't get it. Seems like a waste of cap space.

What's missing
    -Three things......O-line, O-line and O-line. (we desperately need O line help. Both starting and backups.) Failing to do this will be our undoing. I assume that part of our strategy is coming Jerry....Right?

I can only conclude that JR believes in Brewer. Is DD our new LG? He's a back up at this point IMO. Looks like Boothe may be gone. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm actually surprised that we have signed as many guys as we have. I am even more surprised that they don't include O-line help. Yet??????
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

All we really need for the o line is 1 player which will likely use the 1st round pick on. And Murphy is there in case Braden and hixon leave.

Comment

Louis Murphy is a much better signing than Dan Connor.

I think the fact that the Giants haven't cut Diehl tells us a lot about their confidence in Brewer taking over as the starting RT next season.

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
        All we really need for the o line is 1 player which will likely use the 1st rebound pick on. And Murphy is there in case Braden and hixon leave.
        We need help across the board as far as the o-line in concerned, both in finding starters and depth. The only spot on the O-line where we are set is LT. We are stuck with Baas for now at center, other than that things are up in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
          All we really need for the o line is 1 player which will likely use the 1st round pick on. And Murphy is there in case Braden and hixon leave.
          We are deep at WR.
          Nicks, Cruz, Randle, JJ.
          Just seems like Murphy is a lack of prioritizing by JR. We need vet depth on the O line. Maybe JR is waiting for the market to shake out. But how much room do we have anymore. We've signed a lot of players.
          Protecting our QB MUST be our #1 priority. getting to the other teams QB is #2.

Comment

I give him a D-, this is barely a playoff team

but whatever, we'll see how the draft plays out

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              I am even more surprised that they don't include O-line help. Yet??????
              Waiting for the draft, I guess. FA OL tend to be pricey.

Originally posted by drewz View Post
              this is barely a playoff team
              You could say the same about the 2011 team.

Comment

Our big OL pickup was resigning Beatty. Still a decent chance Boothe returns to the team. Lots of overpaid OL in this FA like Gosder Cherilius and Andy Levitre. Maybe they have faith in Cordle or Mosley at LG?

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                  Waiting for the draft, I guess. FA OL tend to be pricey.

Drafting for a starter on the O line? That's a risky strategy.

I do agree about our team however. We can be damned good right now. Just a little tweaking.

Comment

We are deep at WR.
                    Nicks, Cruz, Randle, JJ.
                    Just seems like Murphy is a lack of prioritizing by JR. We need vet depth on the O line. Maybe JR is waiting for the market to shake out. But how much room do we have anymore. We've signed a lot of players.
                    Protecting our QB MUST be our #1 priority. getting to the other teams QB is #2.
                    I don't disagree with you that we need OL help.

But I do disagree that we are "deep" at WR. Our #1 WR is always injured. Our #3 WR (according to your list) is a second year player who showed flashes last year but certainly isn't a slam dunk to have a huge year. And our #4 WR has done absolutely zero to date in the NFL. This is not a deep WR corps by any stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

But I do disagree that we are "deep" at WR. Our #1 WR is always injured. Our #3 WR (according to your list) is a second year player who showed flashes last year but certainly isn't a slam dunk to have a huge year. And our #4 WR has done absolutely zero to date in the NFL. This is not a deep WR corps by any stretch.
                      Well we have 3 very solid guys. The rest aren't any different than most other teams #'s 4 thru 6.
                      WR is just not a priority like O line is.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

It's arguably the deepest unit on the team, and Nicks is far from always injured.

Comment

Well we have 3 very solid guys. The rest aren't any different that most other teams #'s 4 thru 6.
                          WR is just not a priority like O line is.
                          Not sure that you can call Randle very solid yet, and we do not have a TE who is a consistent receiving threat. Our WR corps needed another body and Reese got him.

I also don't think that one thing has anything to do with the other. It's not like we could have gotten any decent OL for the money we paid Murphy.

Comment

Murphy is a value signing that has good upside. Better speed than the rest of the WRs to stretch a defense. He's depth at the worst and maybe he can snag the #3 job at the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                              LOL No

In 2011 we had a team who individually had strong performances in 2010.. We had what, 4 All Pros and 4 pro bowlers that year? This team was terrible last year and Jerry Reese hasn't done anything yet to address the poor performance of the offensive line, secondary, and front 7.
                              Last edited by drewz; 03-16-2013, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X