Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The deep threat is back! BOMBS AWAY!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The deep threat is back! BOMBS AWAY!

    This kid Louis Murphy has BLAZING SPEED, runs a sub 4.3, he's got the size, very good blocking WR, young veteran... will be a very solid #4 WR for us.

    His hands and his route running need improvement... but to sit behind Nicks, Cruz and Randle... It's a very solid signing.

    Could be an unpolished diamond in the rough.



    Imagine the possibilities when we go 4-wide.


    Nicks ---------- Cruz ---------- Randle ---------- Murphy


    Nicks and Cruz aren't by any means slow but Randle is faster and this kid Murphy is faster than all of them.

    I'm excited to get him into camp and working with Eli.


    having a WR that can stretch the field is HUGE for an offense. I realize he wont be used often but when he's in there, possibilities are endless.
    Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 03-16-2013, 06:54 PM.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

  • #2
    he reminds me of a poor mans pierre garcon

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
      he reminds me of a poor mans pierre garcon
      Garcon is a monster when healthy.

      Don't understand that comparison at all.

      Murphy is also taller and bigger than garcon, not to mention faster lol
      "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

      Comment


      • #4
        lol going 4 wide

        With what o-line?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
          This kid Louis Murphy has BLAZING SPEED, runs a sub 4.3, he's got the size, very good blocking WR, young veteran... will be a very solid #4 WR for us.

          His hands and his route running need improvement... but to sit behind Nicks, Cruz and Randle... It's a very solid signing.

          Could be an unpolished diamond in the rough.



          Imagine the possibilities when we go 4-wide.


          Nicks ---------- Cruz ---------- Randle ---------- Murphy


          Nicks and Cruz aren't by any means slow but Randle is faster and this kid Murphy is faster than all of them.

          I'm excited to get him into camp and working with Eli.


          having a WR that can stretch the field is HUGE for an offense. I realize he wont be used often but when he's in there, possibilities are endless.
          So where has the productivity been? Its not like there have been some great WR's in Oakland and Carolina to keep him off the field.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
            Garcon is a monster when healthy.

            Don't understand that comparison at all.

            Murphy is also taller and bigger than garcon, not to mention faster lol
            i dunno. they just appear to play in a similar manner, except murphy is the poor mans version lol (like 1/2 as good that means). garcon is a monster. murphys had some good games too tho dont sleep on him...we signed him for a reason

            Comment


            • #7
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ph1ZYx7EKw

              i stand by my claim.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                i dunno. they just appear to play in a similar manner, except murphy is the poor mans version lol (like 1/2 as good that means). garcon is a monster. murphys had some good games too tho dont sleep on him...we signed him for a reason
                Murphy has had a good shot to show in the league so far and hasn't produced. A guy like Bennett at least had an excuse behind Witten.
                He seems to me like all speed and nothing else.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm imagining Devin Thomas minus the ST ability

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    So where has the productivity been? Its not like there have been some great WR's in Oakland and Carolina to keep him off the field.
                    Where have the QB's been? Are you kidding? He started his career with JaMarcus Russell... in Russell's worst season.

                    Last season Cam was terrible.
                    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      Murphy has had a good shot to show in the league so far and hasn't produced. A guy like Bennett at least had an excuse behind Witten.
                      He seems to me like all speed and nothing else.
                      what? murphy had a pretty awesome rookie season considering his qbs were like jamarcus russel and gradkowski...

                      hes used similarly as garcon. a lot of slants and out routes. also use him for end arounds. hes also a physical blocker. also goes up and gets the ball at the highest point. i remember watching him single handidly beat pitt a few yrs ago he was unstoppable. hes like a young, poor mans garcon. hes got upside.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        When I saw the thread title I was like, oh wait Cruz is a slot WR.... Lol
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                        # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                        1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                        ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                          This kid Louis Murphy has BLAZING SPEED, runs a sub 4.3, he's got the size, very good blocking WR, young veteran... will be a very solid #4 WR for us.

                          His hands and his route running need improvement... but to sit behind Nicks, Cruz and Randle... It's a very solid signing.

                          Could be an unpolished diamond in the rough.



                          Imagine the possibilities when we go 4-wide.


                          Nicks ---------- Cruz ---------- Randle ---------- Murphy


                          Nicks and Cruz aren't by any means slow but Randle is faster and this kid Murphy is faster than all of them.

                          I'm excited to get him into camp and working with Eli.


                          having a WR that can stretch the field is HUGE for an offense. I realize he wont be used often but when he's in there, possibilities are endless.
                          You realize "he won't be used often", but the "deep threat is back"?
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            it wouldnt shock me at all if he is used often as a wr. he has game. hes physical and fast and good in slant routes. i bet we use him more than we used barden/jj...jr brought him here for a reason.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              You realize "he won't be used often", but the "deep threat is back"?
                              Yes, he will get on the field more than you think.

                              Also with Randle the deep threat is there as well.
                              "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X