Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With all these signings expect some big news soon about restructures/cuts real soon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all these signings expect some big news soon about restructures/cuts real soon

Most likely restructures just not in the negative aspect people often think when they hear restructure. Not expecting any more cuts at this point. Not serious ones anyway.

I believe before FA even started we only had about $1.5 million and we've been busy little bees since then signings a number of players.

Still more work to be done as well.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Diehl?

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
      Diehl?
      Absolutely, they said it was in the works so it's bound to come out sooner or later. Not a chance he stays at that price. Either he takes a pay cut or gets cut.

Diehl alone won't fix our cap issues though.

We still need $4,614,587 to sign our draft picks as well don't forget.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
        Absolutely, they said it was in the works so it's bound to come out sooner or later. Not a chance he stays at that price. Either he takes a pay cut or gets cut.

Diehl alone won't fix our cap issues though.

So you think that we are going to cut our starting RT?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
          So you think that we are going to cut our starting RT?
          Diehl is not nor would he be our starting RT but no he's good depth if he takes a huge pay cut. If not, he's gone.

Comment

Diehl is not nor would he be our starting RT but no he's good depth if he takes a huge pay cut. If not, he's gone.
            He is absolutely our starting RT right now. Locklear sustained a horrific injury and is not healthy and Brewer could not beat Diehl out last year. Mosley and McCants might be the 2 worst football players to walk the earth.

Comment

Well, it we were under the cap before today, so we just need to clear room for the day's signings.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                Well, it we were under the cap before today, so we just need to clear room for the day's signings.
                We weren't to our knowledge.

We were $1.5 million under before FA started. We've been very busy.

Comment

Absolutely, they said it was in the works so it's bound to come out sooner or later. Not a chance he stays at that price. Either he takes a pay cut or gets cut.Diehl alone won't fix our cap issues though.We still need $4,614,587 to sign our draft picks as well don't forget.
                  here. I will post what I learned in another thread about this issue...

Originally Posted by miked1958 Reason I ask is we were just discussing in another thread where the money will come from to sign Boothe and the Draft class (4.6M+needed) We only were about 1.5 over signing Mundy, and resigning rivers. Where would all this money come from?

Answer: Posted by Drez, yesterday afternoon:
                  We'll be getting some extra money come June. Pat Traina believes that Bradshaw and Canty are going to be designated as post-June 1 cuts, which means their accelerated cap hits get spread over 2 years, instead of just this year. That should free up almost enough to sign our draft class. If we can get Diehl to take a pay cut, and maybe make another move or two (possibly get Rolle to take a cut, extend Eli, etc.), then we'll have more than enough.
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

He is absolutely our starting RT right now. Locklear sustained a horrific injury and is not healthy and Brewer could not beat Diehl out last year. Mosley and McCants might be the 2 worst football players to walk the earth.
                    I got news for you, Brewer is who they want to be the starting RT 1000000000000% over Diehl. If anything Diehl would slide to LG.

Looks like we're going to draft our O-line.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                      here. I will post what I learned in another thread about this issue...

Originally Posted by miked1958 Reason I ask is we were just discussing in another thread where the money will come from to sign Boothe and the Draft class (4.6M+needed) We only were about 1.5 over signing Mundy, and resigning rivers. Where would all this money come from?

Answer: Posted by Drez, yesterday afternoon:
                      We'll be getting some extra money come June. Pat Traina believes that Bradshaw and Canty are going to be designated as post-June 1 cuts, which means their accelerated cap hits get spread over 2 years, instead of just this year. That should free up almost enough to sign our draft class. If we can get Diehl to take a pay cut, and maybe make another move or two (possibly get Rolle to take a cut, extend Eli, etc.), then we'll have more than enough.

Oh, I'm well aware of all our options to free up cap room, it's just we don't know what they have planned.

Comment

If Bradshaw and Canty were designated as post-June 1 cuts, then their cap hits get spread over 2 years instead of just this year. That will free up a couple mil right there.

Comment

I got news for you, Brewer is who they want to be the starting RT 1000000000000% over Diehl. If anything Diehl would slide to LG.

Looks like we're going to draft our O-line.
                          If Brewer is such a slam dunk to start at RT, why hasn't Diehl been cut? Why couldn't Brewer beat Diehl out last year?

I got news for you, Brewer blows monkey ****s and the front office knows it. That's why Diehl is still here.
                          Last edited by TCHOF; 03-16-2013, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                            If Bradshaw and Canty were designated as post-June 1 cuts, then their cap hits get spread over 2 years instead of just this year. That will free up a couple mil right there.
                            Right but we don't know this for sure.

Would be great if that's the case.

Comment

If Brewer is such a slam dunk to start at RT, why hasn't Diehl been cut?

I got news for you, Brewer blows monkey ****s and the front office knows it. He will not be our starting RT next year.
                              Lol, ok buddy.

Diehl hasn't been cut because he's been with us for yearsss and he's still serviceable in their eyes. He's a good depth signing for CHEAP. IF he does not agree to a pay cut he's gone.

You haven't a clue what Brewer can do.

Why don't you just trust the organization on this one...

Comment

Working...
                              X