Wish we could've signed Myers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish we could've signed Myers

For at the very least 2 years.... I know we get a new tight end every year and they work well with Eli.... But I would like an offseason without taking that risk of rolling with a tight end that MIGHT not workout

the White Unicorn is here..!

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
      the White Unicorn is here..!
      Lol

Comment

The terms of his contract haven't even been released yet

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
          The terms of his contract haven't even been released yet
          yes, this is important

Comment

Originally posted by KillaRich View Post
            For at the very least 2 years.... I know we get a new tight end every year and they work well with Eli.... But I would like an offseason without taking that risk of rolling with a tight end that MIGHT not workout
            I think Myers is in a win-win situation. He comes to the capital media of the world and he is going to play for a contender under the spotlight every sunday. If he has another good year or breaks out he could have the Giants then offer a multi-tear contract. Even if he plays well and the Giants don't resign him he could end up with another team with added market value and of course the Giants will have more cap space next year. I feel like he is going to have a good impact on this years O if he stays healthy all year long.
            " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

They seem to think that Adrian Robinson is going to develop into a stud one of these days, so I think they are planning on him in 2014. We also have the best TE coach in football and have been getting good production out of guys who don't even belong in this league. Reese obviously feels that we can find a new TE every year.

Comment

Originally posted by BiteyMax22 View Post
                They seem to think that Adrian Robinson is going to develop into a stud one of these days, so I think they are planning on him in 2014. We also have the best TE coach in football and have been getting good production out of guys who don't even belong in this league. Reese obviously feels that we can find a new TE every year.
                The Giants spend a lot of time and energy developing this draft picks, supplementing them, when they need to, with short term veteran help.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  The Giants spend a lot of time and energy developing this draft picks, supplementing them, when they need to, with short term veteran help.
                  Hey Roanoke,

This is a little off-topic but I'm curious what you think about it, as you always seem very knowledgeable about these things-

Do you think that the strategy of drafting and developing your own players is becoming less valuable in today's NFL? Sometimes it seems to me that you no sooner get a 3rd or 4th year player producing and he's out the door for more money on another team. Should teams be focusing more on "NFL-ready" players in the draft? Should they be looking for quality role-players in free agency that don't cost an arm and a leg, as Reese often does?

Comment

Yep, one year deal. Unfortunate, but we'll see how it works out.
                    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                      Yep, one year deal. Unfortunate, but we'll see how it works out.
                      not a fan of another 1 yr deal

Comment

i keep saying it and i dunno if its just not interesting but im telling u guys, pope has a te in this class whose a sleeper that he absolutely covets/wants. we're gonna draft a te in the later rds and it'll be the dude pope was talking about. im guessing the robinson pick had a lot of pope input as well...

Comment

Same situation with Bennett last year, although I did understand better why Reese didn't commit to Bennett for more than a year.

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                          i keep saying it and i dunno if its just not interesting but im telling u guys, pope has a te in this class whose a sleeper that he absolutely covets/wants. we're gonna draft a te in the later rds and it'll be the dude pope was talking about. im guessing the robinson pick had a lot of pope input as well...
                          Yeah, I saw that as well. We'll see. I think we do pick up a TE late, and hopefully it's the guy that Pope wants, but if he's really a late round guy, I can't see him coming in and having an impact immediately.

Either way, I don't see TE as an issue this year.
                          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by BiteyMax22 View Post
                            Ya, having myers even on a 1yr deal, gives us a chance to see a bit more of Adrien Robinson, while also getting him another yr of development , and another yr of us seeing what we got in him.. And we'll have the option of keeping myers or going with Robinson, or possibly neither, i guess...

Comment

More 1yr deals u have, the more flexiblity u have the following season.. A bunch of 1yr deals, equals more money, albeit, u could lose some guys that play well...

Comment

Working...
                              X