Colts...Irsay hinting at signing WR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colts...Irsay hinting at signing WR

did anyone read Giants 101 blog about talking for signing big WR for 5 days. Could it be cruz?

Originally posted by luni View Post
    did anyone read Giants 101 blog about talking for signing big WR for 5 days. Could it be cruz?

Not unless they are going to admit to tampering. Cruz hasn't had an agent until today. It's more likely to be Sanders
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I'd say it's unlikely, but who knows.

From PFT; I posted this in another thread:

On Saturday night, Irsay said that his team, which has been very active so far in free agency, is “working on a deal, one we’ve been working on for five days,” and that “we’re very, very close to making it work.”

Later, Irsay narrowed the range of potential guesses to one position: “Wide receiver!!“

But there aren’t many free-agent receivers with names justifying the use of two exclamation points. Darrius Heyward-Bey was cut on Tuesday, and Randy Moss still has some caché, baby.

That leaves restricted free agents, where Giants receiver Victor Cruz and Steelers receiver Emmanuel Sanders are the top targets. But with Irsay saying that the Colts have been working on the deal for five days and given that Cruz’s agent change delayed prevent CAA from talking contract during the five-day waiting period, it’s probably not Cruz.

Unless, of course, the Colts were spending the first part of the past five days coming up with an offer- sheet strategy with a 2013 cap number that would prevent the Giants from matching.
      http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-another-hint/

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
        I'd say it's unlikely, but who knows.

From PFT; I posted this in another thread:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-another-hint/
        This is the time of the year when those three words should be in most sentences lol
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

Not unless they are going to admit to tampering. Cruz hasn't had an agent until today. It's more likely to be Sanders
          He said they've been working on a deal, that doesn't necessarily mean they've been in contact with their target.

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay
          ColtFans,we already past the cap cash wise/ we're workin on a deal,1 we've been workin on for 5 days/ we're very,very close 2 making it work
          - - - - - - - - - -

This is the time of the year when those three words should be in most sentences lol
          Hah yeah, crazy things happening all over the place.
          Last edited by Flip Empty; 03-17-2013, 08:37 AM.

Comment

He said they've been working on a deal. That doesn't necessarily mean they've been in contact with their target.

Hah yeah, crazy things happening all over the place.
            As you say, who knows? But I think our FO knows what they have in Victor and really do want him back, even if it's only for 2013 so I don't think the idea of a trade holds a lot of merit. Could Irsay be working on an offer sheet? Sure, but that doesn't take "5 days."

We'll know soon enough.

Comment

Cruz is gonna be a giant.. End of story..

Comment

Originally posted by luni View Post
                I think Cruz is as good as gone ala Lin of the Knicks. Not expecting to see him in a Giants uniform again.
                Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
                  I think Cruz is as good as gone ala Lin of the Knicks. Not expecting to see him in a Giants uniform again.
                  Based on?

Comment

Based on?
                    Based on owners with lots of money to throw around. Just takes a creative contract with backended ( is that a word? ) money like Lin got.
                    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
                      Based on owners with lots of money to throw around. Just takes a creative contract with backended ( is that a word? ) money like Lin got.
                      So Cruz changing agents with the purpose of working better with the Giants is a ruse? It takes more than money, it takes a first round draft pick and not team has gone that far since 2003.

Comment

Besides wanting to attract the attention of a very large fanbase, I don't get why the writer jumped to restricted free agent receivers and ignored those currently under contract.

There are guys who are possibly attainable for the right price. Say... Larry Fitzgerald?

Comment

Andrew Luck To Victor Cruz?

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/3/1...to-victor-cruz

"Cruz is also absolutely worth the Colts' No. 24 pick, but it's possible the financials ($8-10 million a year) could be enough to kill the deal."

Comment

Besides wanting to attract the attention of a very large fanbase, I don't get why the writer jumped to restricted free agent receivers and ignored those currently under contract.

There are guys who are possibly attainable for the right price. Say... Larry Fitzgerald?
                            And that would be smater for a team with CAP space to spend and not give up their first born.

Comment

Cruz, and Luck would be a formidable tandem.
                              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Working...
                              X