Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tuck and JPP flipping sides?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Generally speaking, the RT is less athletic and tends to be paid less than the LT.

    Putting our best DE on the left side of our defense creates a favorable match-up for us.

    The only problem is how will we fare on the right side if we actually do this? Tuck/Kiwi arent the answer.


    btw: has Osi been signed by anyone yet? any talks of him staying?
    The logic behind this is solid but it didn't work for Carolina when they tried it with Peppers.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post


      btw: has Osi been signed by anyone yet? any talks of him staying?
      Osi is still out there, with little apparent interest as of yet. Both sides have said publicly that him staying is a possibility, but who knows how interested either side is in that really happening. IMO, the more these FA's sign minimal 1 year contracts, the more likely it could happen.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by jomo View Post
        Is this flip going to lift Tuck's spirits?
        Hopefully his numbers
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
          Osi is still out there, with little apparent interest as of yet. Both sides have said publicly that him staying is a possibility, but who knows how interested either side is in that really happening. IMO, the more these FA's sign minimal 1 year contracts, the more likely it could happen.
          I just don't understand why not one team would want the DPOY??
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • #35
            I can't stand to watch Osi again in all honestly. He was sad and pathetic. Watching him over pursue and get run at all game long was sickening.

            Comment


            • #36
              This sounds pretty cool.
              2017 Mock Draft

              1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
              2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
              3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
              4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
              5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
              6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
              7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

              Comment


              • #37
                Just imagine what a beast JPP could be even now!
                2017 Mock Draft

                1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
                2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
                3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
                4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
                5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
                6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
                7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  I just don't understand why not one team would want the DPOY??
                  Here is a perfect example of why good sarcasm does not need red ink!
                  No one remembers who came in second.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                    If someone could link my post to Rotowire (on my phone, so I can't link the app's info). Anyway, says JPP is set to become full time LE, and Tuck to focus at RE without as much shifting as years past. Doesn't sound right.

                    EDIT:

                    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...on-pierre-paul - RF
                    JPP I think belongs on the Left side but I didnt think he would move until they got rid of Tuck. Maybe they will draft a weakside end this year and faze Tucks snaps out with a Rookie
                    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 03-17-2013, 09:23 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I thought I remembered reading somewhere that he was far more efficient playing from this side than he was playing the other side last year. Not a bad idea as it gives him an advantage in the pass rush and he's a great run stopper too. Not a bad idea to put him against (generally) the other teams best run blocker.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        The switch is to create a mismatch for offenses. The LT is usually the best pass blocker on the team. The RT is usually the best run blocking tackle. The switch will place JPP, our best pass rusher, in front of the Run-Blocking Tackle while Tuck, our best run stopping DE, will be matched up against the LT. It may create a bit more pressure with our DT stunts and what have you....
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                          If someone could link my post to Rotowire (on my phone, so I can't link the app's info). Anyway, says JPP is set to become full time LE, and Tuck to focus at RE without as much shifting as years past. Doesn't sound right.

                          EDIT:

                          http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...on-pierre-paul - RF
                          If that makes them all happy then OK but its hard to believe it when we all have seen how Perry loves to mix things up.
                          " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            Andrew Brandt is their guru and he's pretty knowledgeable. This is also being reported by Rotoworld
                            Brandt is a business guy (ex-GM) ... not a guy qualified to comment on position changes.

                            That and the move makes no sense ... Tuck is struggling at the strong side ... he'd be horrible from the weak side (his pass rush isn't the strong side of his game). The only thing I could think of if they attempt this, is that Tuck's run defense was awful last year as well (in which case, why is he even on the team still?!).

                            JPP could play anywhere on the line.
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                              JPP could play anywhere on the line.
                              JPP could play serviceably anywhere on the defense... about the only thing he couldn't do is cover pure speed receivers.

                              And honestly, with a little bit of practice, he could probably play a couple offense positons like TE and RB as well...

                              I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                                Brandt is a business guy (ex-GM) ... not a guy qualified to comment on position changes.

                                That and the move makes no sense ... Tuck is struggling at the strong side ... he'd be horrible from the weak side (his pass rush isn't the strong side of his game). The only thing I could think of if they attempt this, is that Tuck's run defense was awful last year as well (in which case, why is he even on the team still?!).

                                JPP could play anywhere on the line.
                                The question was about the site being reliable, which it is.
                                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X