Tuck and JPP flipping sides?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuck and JPP flipping sides?

If someone could link my post to Rotowire (on my phone, so I can't link the app's info). Anyway, says JPP is set to become full time LE, and Tuck to focus at RE without as much shifting as years past. Doesn't sound right.

EDIT:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...on-pierre-paul - RF
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-17-2013, 08:42 AM.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
    If someone could link my post to Rotowire (on my phone, so I can't link the app's info). Anyway, says JPP is set to become full time LE, and Tuck to focus at RE without as much shifting as years past. Doesn't sound right.
    Right side of this page
    http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Comment

eehh....whatever. As long as it works for the team.....
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

The original article comes from the National Football Post. I've never heard of them - are they credible?

It is expected that free agent Osi Umenyiora will not return to the Giants, so the team is planning to compensate by using its remaining pass rushers differently. Instead of playing a rotation in which three men split the snaps pretty evenly as the Giants did last year, I’m told Jason Pierre Paul and Justin Tuck will get the majority of the snaps. And Giants coaches don’t want the ends flipping sides as much. The early talk out of the Timex Performance Center is Pierre Paul may become a full-time left end, with Tuck concentrating on the right side.
        http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...litz-4049.html (Near the bottom of the page)

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
          The original article comes from the National Football Post. I've never heard of them - are they credible?

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...litz-4049.html (Near the bottom of the page)
          Andrew Brandt is their guru and he's pretty knowledgeable. This is also being reported by Rotoworld
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Why would they do this? JPP has played more effectively when he's been positioned at Right End.

Tuck is likely to be ineffective on either side.

Comment

Originally posted by KidA View Post
              Why would they do this? JPP has played more effectively when he's been positioned at Right End.

When what you did isn't working you try something else. I'm glad to see them discussing it.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by KidA View Post

well I am sure they have good reasons. Either that or they just flipped a coin and said ok we are switching you guys.
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

JPP can switch to the left side when we get Clowney

Comment

Here's a thought.
                    Skins and their read option O seem to favor the Left (although this is only my impression...maybe someone could check it out). Rather have Tuck be run at and have JPP chase down and/or contain a comeback to right.
                    Vick is Leftty...LE better to crush him. JPP obviously better here.
                    ? Romo rolling right often to buy time, might be better to have JPP pester him.

So for East rivals it seems to me would we would be better off with this switch. I know, maybe a stretch, but...
                    sigpic

Comment

It would be JPP against a weaker link in most lines = right tackle
                      Let tuck go against left tackle which is usually the best lineman

Comment

Originally posted by offingmoot View Post
                        But Tuck is not our best DLineman

Comment

Originally posted by offingmoot View Post
                          In general, Tuck just needs to step it up.

I don't want to look too far into this, but maybe they're trying to rejuvenate Tuck with a little change in scenery. I know, it doesn't make sense to give him the better lineman, but who knows.

I'm almost certain that's the route the Panthers took with Peppers in 2008, and it worked wonders.
                          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

JPP should be able to take advantage of right tackles on passing downs and he is playing the run better these days. Tuck should do well shutting down the run on the right side and give the team a push on passing downs as he'll be 1-on-1 most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                              JPP can switch to the left side when we get Clowney
                              wouldn't that make us the worst team next year..

Comment

Working...
                              X