Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myers had at least 1 20yrd catch in 8games...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myers had at least 1 20yrd catch in 8games...

This guys gonna be a beast for us! 2games he didn't have a 20yrd catch, he had a long of 17 and 18yrds.. Obviously he piled up catches as well, but this guy can gain some yac and split the seam as well as be a sure handed underneath weapon for eli... Awesome signing!

Just hope that Mike Pope can teach him to block. I've heard some reports his technique at the line really is awful.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
      This guys gonna be a beast for us! 2games he didn't have a 20yrd catch, he had a long of 17 and 18yrds.. Obviously he piled up catches as well, but this guy can gain some yac and split the seam as well as be a sure handed underneath weapon for eli... Awesome signing!
      Agreed.

Comment

I have a feeling JR will be looking for a TE next year also.. Myers will play himself out of town, with the 1 yr contract

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
          Just hope that Mike Pope can teach him to block. I've heard some reports his technique at the line really is awful.
          Can you share the reports?

No seriously, like I'm not trying to be a smart-***, I'm actually interested in getting some different views involved.
          Last edited by gmen0820; 03-17-2013, 11:29 AM. Reason: Adding a question mark.
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

The Giants still have Pascoe to bring in on the line. I like this signing a lot. He will have success here. Seems all TEs thrive in this system.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
              I have a feeling JR will be looking for a TE next year also.. Myers will play himself out of town, with the 1 yr contract
              Maybe.. Tuck, Webster, Diehl, Snee, KIWI, may or may not be back after this season, and we have a bunch of other guys on 1yr deals, so maybe we'll get the cap room to keep em, assuming hes worth it..

Comment

Ya, his blocking isn't the best, but his recieving is great.. Hes better then the last 3 TE's we've had here, and tehy all played solidly for us, so this guy really should be a major asset in pass offense, making his blocking less noticable..

Comment

Ya, his blocking isn't the best, but his recieving is great.. Hes better then the last 3 TE's we've had here, and tehy all played solidly for us, so this guy really should be a major asset in pass offense, making his blocking less noticable..
                  you're hoping he will be better......dont really know that yet.
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

14catches 130yrd 1td against clevland last yr..lol Can u imagine mixing in occasional games like this(maybe not this extreme of course) with Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, and Rueben Randle also mixing in games like that? Crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                      Can you share the reports.

No seriously, like I'm not trying to be a smart-***, I'm actually interested in getting some different views involved.
                      Just Google his name and "blocking". You'll find numerous scouting reports. One from Bleach Report states: "The biggest concern about Myers is that of his pass-blocking, with Pro Football Focus reporting that Myers was the worst run-blocking TE in 2013. Yet, with the likes of Pascoe on hand, perhaps the Giants will opt to solely use Myers on more receiving routes and play-action to counteract that weakness and use their preexisting tight ends on more running plays."

Comment

14catches 130yrd 1td against clevland last yr..lol Can u imagine mixing in occasional games like this(maybe not this extreme of course) with Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, and Rueben Randle also mixing in games like that? Crazy!
                        that game sounds like the exception and not the rule.
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Just Google his name and "blocking". You'll find numerous scouting reports. One from Bleach Report states: "The biggest concern about Myers is that of his pass-blocking, with Pro Football Focus reporting that Myers was the worst run-blocking TE in 2013. Yet, with the likes of Pascoe on hand, perhaps the Giants will opt to solely use Myers on more receiving routes and play-action to counteract that weakness and use their preexisting tight ends on more running plays."
                          The problem with having a TE who struggles with run blocking is, your offense becomes predictable. And honestly Gilbride isnt the best at disguising his plays. When Pascoe is on the line, 99 percent of the time its a run. But, Gilbride surprises me every once in a while.

Comment

Don't expect games like this to happen. Not to knock Myers, but he was a product of that Raider offense. They were unable to throw the ball down the field to their horrible receivers, and many times he was Palmer's first and only option. In the Giants offense, he's clearly the 3rd option. With that being said, Myers is a very nice weapon.

Comment

the dude was a te at iowa...he can block. last yr at oakland may have been an anomaly with the poor run block grade bc the yr prior iirc he wasnt that bad in that area.

Comment

Working...
                              X