I genuinely believe...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I genuinely believe...

...that we will match any offer sheet given to Victor Cruz. We want to keep him here but because he's a RFA we have a chance to keep him for just $2 million - which means we can keep our roster as it is.However, I do believe that if a team were to come in with an offer, we would match it, whatever the cost. Just a gut feeling.

Originally posted by UKAnt14 View Post
    ...that we will match any offer sheet given to Victor Cruz. We want to keep him here but because he's a RFA we have a chance to keep him for just $2 million - which means we can keep our roster as it is.However, I do believe that if a team were to come in with an offer, we would match it, whatever the cost. Just a gut feeling.
    I disagree the Giants are willing to match up to a certain point but their has to be a limit. If someone wants to pay Cruz 10mil+ I firmly believe they will and should walk away.

Comment

I genuinely hope you are correct

Comment

Your Gut is wrong simply because the Giants cannot match "any offer.'

I do think the management is very sincere when they say they want to resign/ match him. But the circumstances are what they are.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
          I disagree the Giants are willing to match up to a certain point but their has to be a limit. If someone wants to pay Cruz 10mil+ I firmly believe they will and should walk away.
          No one is going to offer Cruz $10M
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

No way. If a team offers up a front-loaded deal with $10 million the first year, the Giants are not going to match it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
              Your Gut is wrong simply because the Giants cannot match "any offer.'

I do think the management is very sincere when they say they want to resign/ match him. But the circumstances are what they are.
              John Mara has said they have the "wherewithal to match almost any offer" but will not break the bank. I believe they will match up to $8M but no more.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I do believe they are just waiting for an offer to see if its at 6 are over and I think they will settle for the pick myself.I think if Cruz wanted 6mil and the Giants were comfortable at 6 a deal would have been done by now.The whole thing just don't sit to well with me man,I think if he gets an pretty good offer he's outta here,hopefully other teams wont bite

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  John Mara has said they have the "wherewithal to match almost any offer" but will not break the bank. I believe they will match up to $8M but no more.
                  so if a team goes 8.5 Giants won't match?

Comment

I hope and pray that we keep Cruz for a long time. He is a wonderful player, but also a great person for going and visiting Jack Pinto's family. That made me love him even more as a player because he showed his true character that day.
                    2017 Mock Draft

1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
                    2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
                    3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
                    4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
                    5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
                    6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
                    7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

Comment

That could be true. i do not know the numbers, nobody outside the management does. But, I know we dont have as much of it as a lot of teams out there. So people can make offers that we cant match. I just hope it doesnt happen, I like Cruz a lot.But, I still have to take the stance that we have a serious problem next year when it comes time to resign some big names and overpaying isnt an option.
                      sigpic

Comment

didn't Mara say something like ....there won't be any Haynesworth type deals out of them ?
                        or something like that

I think that is a poor thing to say on his part.

Victor has been a huge asset to this team and pretty much single handedly made a trip to the tournament possible.

I back his statement when the player is lazy like Albert......but a player like Cruz deserves a deep pocket reach by the Giants

they need to do the right thing and pay the man

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                          so if a team goes 8.5 Giants won't match?
                          I don't think so. They do draw lines they don't like to waiver, but that's the real benefit of having Condon as Cruz's agent. If Victor really wants to be HERE, Condon is the best guy to make it happen. We have already seen the teams that were "lined up" disappear like a rain puddle in August. Now it's being reported it's not going to be Irsay either.

I continue to believe they will sign Victor to a long term deal before UFA comes. It would not surprise me if it happened in the next 30 days.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                            didn't Mara say something like ....there won't be any Haynesworth type deals out of them ?
                            or something like that

Victor has been a huge asset to this team and pretty much single handedly made a trip to the tournament possible.

I back his statement when the player is lazy like Albert......but a player like Cruz deserves a deep pocket reach by the Giants

Strange statement by Mara, since it is my recollection that the Giants were ready to pony up huge money for Haynseworth . . . just not as much as the Redskins.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                              or something like that

Yes, but in the context of $100M. I think John Mara has sent the right signals to Cruz via his public comments. The week before Mara's comments on the deal they were prepared to offer, Cruz spoke with TC at the TIMEX Center. TC is like a father figure to his players and one who lost his Dad might well look to him for fatherly conversation. Right after Mara's comments, Cruz fires his agent and hires Eli's agent, Tom Condon. It was reported Cruz wan ted someone who could work better with the Giants.

We can speculate about what actually caused the agent split, but having Condon makes me believe Cruz wants fair treatment and that's what Condon will get him. Players always ask for too much, just like labor unions.

We fans tend to take a dim view of that but why shouldn't a player ask for the moon? Everyone knows it's not going to happen but it gives a cellar and ceiling between the demand and the offer. I have no doubt they genuinely want Cruz here long term with Nicks and Eli. The stage is now set and Condon knows what Reese buttons he can push to get the biggest bang for the busk without being heavy handed.

I see a deal worth between $7-8M working for all concerned.

Comment

Working...
                              X