No announcement yet.

Big Blue’s bracing for offer to WR Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It feels like the Giants are almost inviting an offer. Why talk about it at all?

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
      It feels like the Giants are almost inviting an offer. Why talk about it at all?
      It's a reality they have to deal with.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
        I thought the same thing. It almost seemed like they were fishing for a 1st round pick.. Reality or not, I still dont think you need to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
          I thought the same thing. It almost seemed like they were fishing for a 1st round pick.. Reality or not, I still dont think you need to talk about.
          You're talking about a "risk" that no team has taken since 2003.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            It's a reality they have to deal with.
            Why is Tisch talking about it? I know he's an owner but he's not the GM and he's not the President of the club. He's not going to help at all but could fumble his words and hurt some. I'd rather hear from Mara, Reese or no one on matters like this.
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
              Why is Tisch talking about it? I know he's an owner but he's not the GM and he's not the President of the club. He's not going to help at all but could fumble his words and hurt some. I'd rather hear from Mara, Reese or no one on matters like this.
              Either it's a carefully orchestrated part of their strategy or Jerry Reese has now invoked the cone of silence until he and Condon come to agreement on a long term deal. It really is unusual for Tisch to say anything about contracts though. AND he and Cruz went to dinner. Interesting tid-bit.

Comment

Either it's a carefully orchestrated part of their strategy or Jerry Reese has now invoked the cone of silence until he and Condon come to agreement on a long term deal. It really is unusual for Tisch to say anything about contracts though. AND he and Cruz went to dinner. Interesting tid-bit.
                Hey if it is carefully orchestrated then I accept it. I just know that in general the more people yapping their flap (or is it flapping their yapr? lol) the greater chance there is for something wrong to slip out. I guess I am used to watching the Green team across the parking lot bungle one communication after another.

Comment

So far, every team mentioned has faded into the background. Now that Codon is on board, I'd be surprised if Cruz doesn't sign a long term deal here.
                  Let's hope so

Comment

I agree, but Cruz is probably the most dynamic player that has been in this situation in the last 10+ years. Laveranues Coles was the last player and Cruz has by far more potential then Coles had when he was taken.

All I know is that if I was a team with the 25 or later draft pick and needed a WR, it would be an absolute no brainer. Draft picks are all gambles, Cruz is proven and versatile.

I am not saying its going to happen, I'm just saying its a possibility and that it seemed like Tisch was fishing for a 1st round pick..

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                      I agree, but Cruz is probably the most dynamic player that has been in this situation in the last 10+ years. Laveranues Coles was the last player and Cruz has by far more potential then Coles had when he was taken.

All I know is that if I was a team with the 25 or later draft pick and needed a WR, it would be an absolute no brainer. Draft picks are all gambles, Cruz is proven and versatile.

I am not saying its going to happen, I'm just saying its a possibility and that it seemed like Tisch was fishing for a 1st round pick..
                      The best thing to happen this week is Cruz having Condon for is agent.

Comment

That's not exactly a huge amount of time though, so let's not act like a tendered player hasn't been taken in the past 100 years.

It will or won't happen .... the Giants benefit from any scenario here short of Cruz being hit by lightning.
                        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                          That's not exactly a huge amount of time though, so let's not act like a tendered player hasn't been taken in the past 100 years.

It will or won't happen .... the Giants benefit from any scenario here short of Cruz being hit by lightning.
                          At my age, 10 years is a long time

I think they are all working to get the same result.

Comment

At my age, 10 years is a long time

I think they are all working to get the same result.
                            10 years is actually to long a sampling time. The league has changed tremendously since then. The cap is hyper-tight on a lot of teams right now.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              10 years is actually to long a sampling time. The league has changed tremendously since then. The cap is hyper-tight on a lot of teams right now.
                              I agree with that. This is a whole new ballgame and the dynamic is changing rapidly. Look at how salaries are collapsing and the large number of one year contracts. It is always true the past doesn't guarantee the future but in the NFL and right now that is especially true.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                I would not be surprised if they don't lock Victor up soon. Condon knows is way around the NFL and should be able to determine if there are going to be any offer sheets coming his way . It's to his benefit to have one or two but even without any, he can get Cruz a decent long term deal just based on what Mara and Tisch have said publicly.

I have to think Reese almost exploded about Tisch saying Cruz would get more than Welker UNLESS their current offer is already more than Welker signed for.
                                Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-19-2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X