Big Blue’s bracing for offer to WR Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Blue’s bracing for offer to WR Cruz

PHOENIX — The Giants don’t think they’re out of the woods just yet when it comes to losing Victor Cruz.

In fact, Big Blue co-owner Steve Tisch said yesterday the team is bracing itself for what he considers a “probable” offer from another club for the Pro Bowl restricted free agent wide receiver.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...mX7QDyFVHCt3NM
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Ny Post ... would have more credibility if it were being reported in Mad Magazine.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
      Ny Post ... would have more credibility if it were being reported in Mad Magazine.
      OUCH
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

LOL

Comment

yes i do think he will get an offer and a team would gladly give up a first rounder on someone they already know can produce at the nfl level. back to back 1000 yards is nothing to sneeze at.

Comment

Still, a step up from the NY Times!
            Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
              yes i do think he will get an offer and a team would gladly give up a first rounder on someone they already know can produce at the nfl level. back to back 1000 yards is nothing to sneeze at.
              So far, every team mentioned has faded into the background. Now that Codon is on board, I'd be surprised if Cruz doesn't sign a long term deal here.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I think its very unlikely that he will get an offer. That's a very steep price and all the potential players with a need seem to be gone.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  So far, every team mentioned has faded into the background. Now that Codon is on board, I'd be surprised if Cruz doesn't sign a long term deal here.

Best case scenario!

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    I think its very unlikely that he will get an offer. That's a very steep price and all the potential players with a need seem to be gone.
                    i dont think its the draft pick but yeah the dollar amount is steep i agree. i guess we will see. i know i wouldnt mind losing a mid or late first rounder on a guy i know. suppose that first rounder doesnt adjust to the nfl level its a gamble.

Comment

i dont think its the draft pick but yeah the dollar amount is steep i agree. i guess we will see. i know i wouldnt mind losing a mid or late first rounder on a guy i know. suppose that first rounder doesnt adjust to the nfl level its a gamble.
                      Its both, but its mostly the pick. If he was unrestricted, he'd be on a team by now. He's an outstanding player. A first round pick is a huge price when you have to pay the kid as well.
                      I am actually more convinced that he will sign a deal with us once its clear that the restricted nature of his standing in the FA market is keeping him from getting an offer.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        Its both, but its mostly the pick. If he was unrestricted, he'd be on a team by now. He's an outstanding player. A first round pick is a huge price when you have to pay the kid as well.
                        I am actually more convinced that he will sign a deal with us once its clear that the restricted nature of his standing in the FA market is keeping him from getting an offer.
                        This ^^^^
                        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I'm not sure what team they think an offer will be coming from. It seems like all the potential suitors are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                            I'm not sure what team they think an offer will be coming from. It seems like all the potential suitors are gone.
                            Anything is possible, but it really does seem like this is very remote

Comment

I've asked this in another thread, why would you pay him more than Welker?
                              Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Working...
                              X