X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigjeep
    started a topic Big Blue’s bracing for offer to WR Cruz

Big Blue’s bracing for offer to WR Cruz

PHOENIX — The Giants don’t think they’re out of the woods just yet when it comes to losing Victor Cruz.

In fact, Big Blue co-owner Steve Tisch said yesterday the team is bracing itself for what he considers a “probable” offer from another club for the Pro Bowl restricted free agent wide receiver.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...mX7QDyFVHCt3NM

• tonyt830
    replied
    I want Cruz to remain with the Giants at a fair price.

But with that said, teams have until April 19th to make Cruz an offer. It may not be the Rams or Vikings, but there is a chance that another team will make Cruz and his agent an offer. If that offer is within the Giants range to match, I'm sure they will match it. But we still have about 30 days until we can definitively say that Cruz will be in a Giants uni next season.

Leave a comment:

• Kruunch
    replied
    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Your cat?
    Do you really need me making ***** jokes now?

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
    Jinx
    Your cat?

Leave a comment:

• Kruunch
    replied
    At this point a team would almost have to lose a top receiver to an accident to put in an offer sheet.
    Jinx

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Sok RF ... you can't always be the voice of reason
    You are in the majority

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Source: New York Daily News
    At this point a team would almost have to lose a top receiver to an accident to put in an offer sheet.

Leave a comment:

• Kruunch
    replied
    We just diaagree
    Sok RF ... you can't always be the voice of reason

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    I would wholeheartedly agree. We're talking about two different things. He does have a habit of looking up field before securing the ball, causing a lot of easy drops yes. But last year he also caught a case of the yips, looking at the oncoming tackler before securing the ball. That's just worrying about being hit. I don't fault the guy, but I wanted to point out that the poster wasn't totally off base. While I wouldn't go so far as to call Cruz a "wimp" you could definitely tell it was weighing on his mind after the first big hit he took across the middle last year. Just playing Devil's Advocate. You can return to bashing the Devil now
    We just diaagree

Leave a comment:

• Kruunch
    replied
    And for the record, I have absolutely no moral qualms about calling Jay Cutler a wimp from the confines of my Cheeto-encrusted couch

Leave a comment:

• Carter.525
    replied
    The deadline for other trams to sign restricted free agent Victor Cruz to an offer sheet is April 19.
    There's still a month to go before the deadline, but we don't expect an offer to come through at this point. Any team signing Cruz would have to surrender a first-round pick and pay him as a top-10 (or better) wideout. Given the state of the market and lack of cap space around the league, it's unrealistic. Once April 19 passes, the only team Cruz will be able to play for in 2013 is the Giants.
    Source: New York Daily News

Leave a comment:

• TCHOF
    replied
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Ha! This is an excellent point.
    Sitting in the comfy confines of their bedroom, posting on a MB calling guys who play NFL football "wimps".
    And I was not being mean . . . .since I proudly consider myself one of the message board "geeks" that I was refering to!

Leave a comment:

• Shockeystays08
    replied
    I would wholeheartedly agree.

We're talking about two different things. He does have a habit of looking up field before securing the ball, causing a lot of easy drops yes. But last year he also caught a case of the yips, looking at the oncoming tackler before securing the ball. That's just worrying about being hit. I don't fault the guy, but I wanted to point out that the poster wasn't totally off base. While I wouldn't go so far as to call Cruz a "wimp" you could definitely tell it was weighing on his mind after the first big hit he took across the middle last year.

Just playing Devil's Advocate. You can return to bashing the Devil now
    Well stated! Wimp no, gun shy yes. Cruz has a lot of talent and brings big play potential . However he dropped an awful lot of catchable balls and at times looked more worried about being hit than catching the ball. There is no denying it unless your heads in the sand. he needs to man up a bit. Everyone doesn't have to be equally in love with Cruz on this board.

Leave a comment:

• Kruunch
    replied
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    A small glitch in what is otherwise a lot of game.
    I would wholeheartedly agree.

I think it's more a case of concentration. He makes his living by making the frist defender miss. He sometimes takes that peek before he has the ball. Many see that as his being scared, which I don't buy. He has taken some serious hits, gets up and continues to play. What else do we want him to do, besides catch everything?
    We're talking about two different things. He does have a habit of looking up field before securing the ball, causing a lot of easy drops yes. But last year he also caught a case of the yips, looking at the oncoming tackler before securing the ball. That's just worrying about being hit. I don't fault the guy, but I wanted to point out that the poster wasn't totally off base. While I wouldn't go so far as to call Cruz a "wimp" you could definitely tell it was weighing on his mind after the first big hit he took across the middle last year.

Just playing Devil's Advocate. You can return to bashing the Devil now

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Before you guys jump all over the guy he does make a good point ... Cruz definitely caught a case of the yips last season at certain points (and in his defense he did take some massive shots over the middle).

I wouldn't say that defines him but lets not pretend we didn't all see the alligator arms now and again.
    I think it's more a case of concentration. He makes his living by making the frist defender miss. He sometimes takes that peek before he has the ball. Many see that as his being scared, which I don't buy. He has taken some serious hits, gets up and continues to play. What else do we want him to do, besides catch everything?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X