GM's Perspective of 1st round pick for Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM's Perspective of 1st round pick for Cruz

If you check out this video and skip to 2:06 of the video http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-giants

They have the Jets Ex GM and the other guy talk about weather Cruz is worth a first round pick. I think they make valid points.

Let me know what you think.

i think there's a reason the GM is out of a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
      Roosevelt, you always come through with those one liners!
      Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

It just gives a little hope that there are no number 1 WRs in the draft that may make this sweet for another team to pick up on is all. its def. not gaurnteed but it at least has some positives.

Comment

If I'm a GM with 2 1st round picks I would be all over this. Even though the Vikings signed Jennings, I think they should still make a move after Cruz as well. Jennings + AP + Cruz and they have a legitimate shot to win the NFC north.

Comment

Originally posted by WinterIsComing View Post
            If I'm a GM with 2 1st round picks I would be all over this. Even though the Vikings signed Jennings, I think they should still make a move after Cruz as well. Jennings + AP + Cruz and they have a legitimate shot to win the NFC north.
            Even without 2 picks in the first, if I was in the bottom half of the draft and plenty of cap space, I'd make this offer in half a second.
            WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by WinterIsComing View Post
              Except the Vikings are gonna go nowhere in the playoffs with Ponder at QB in my opinion.

Comment

Do you really need to spend the first round pick on a WR with what we have already?

Comment

I personally love Tavon Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by quan the don View Post
                    I personally love Tavon Austin.
                    A talent like Tavon would require us to sue him craftily like how the Packers use Randall Cobb or how the Saints use Sproles when he's a receiver. Killdrive is not that creative and Taovn would waste away here.

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
                    Do you really need to spend the first round pick on a WR with what we have already?
                    Uhh yes. Nicks is almost guaranteed to lose a couple games because of injury.

Comment

If I'm a team with just 1 first-round pick and in need of a young and talented WR and have the cap space, I try to sign him. I like to accumulate draft picks myself, but they don't always pan out and you know what you're getting with Cruz -- top quality depth.

I don't even see what the issue is. I wouldn't have an issue with giving up our 1st rounder to sign Cruz if he were on an another team and we had the cap space.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                        Good one buddy, my thoughts exactly.
                        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Doesn't seem like many teams are willing to give up their pick
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                          X