Meyers land 4-year, $14million contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meyers land 4-year, $14million contract

I understand its "voidable at any time" but thats still one heck of a pay day for this kid.

almost $4mil/year

To put that into perspective thats 3x the per year salary of the contract KP just signed

We will probably cut him after this year unless he goes bonkers. I still Thu k they feel Robinson will break out at some point.
    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

I like this contract a lot.

This way if he has a 'break-out' year, he will still be in a Giants uniform in 2014+.

He wont be a FA and we wont just lose him like we have our last 3 TE's.

Thumbs up Giants FO

Comment

I guessed 3 years for 12. At least it's lower than that.

Comment

I must have underestimated his worth. I figured he was a guy who was considered to have had a freak season last year (Carsons favorite target in a bad offense on a bad team).

So when you transfer a guy like this to the NFC East, things are slightly different. I really thought he would make no more than 2 mil a year.

Comment

The only thing guaranteed inthe contract is the first year which is only 750K salary and $1.5m signing bonus. Very cap friendly. If he's great we keep him. If not, c'ya.

Comment

Thats not pocket change. 2.3 million dollars for one year regardless if he turns out to be a Leaf or not. ..

FO must have faith in this kid

Comment

Joel Corry ‏@corryjoel @Patricia_Traina The Giants will have a $1.125M cap charge in '14 for Brandon Myers if his contract voids to a 1-year deal after the season.

Meaning dead money.... let's hope hes GREAT.
                "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

It's still half of what Bennett and Keller got, and Myers had a bigger year.

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
                    It's still half of what Bennett and Keller got, and Myers had a bigger year.
                    And will have a better year with Eli than BOTH Bennet and Keller.

Book it.

Eli is going to convert on 3rd down much more this season.
                    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

It won't take long for The Black Unicorn to wish he had Eli throwing to him, not Mr Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                        I understand its "voidable at any time" but thats still one heck of a pay day for this kid.

almost $4mil/year

To put that into perspective thats 3x the per year salary of the contract KP just signed
                        How is it a heck of a pay day if he's not likely to see most of the money?

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                          I like this contract a lot.

This way if he has a 'break-out' year, he will still be in a Giants uniform in 2014+.

He wont be a FA and we wont just lose him like we have our last 3 TE's.

Thumbs up Giants FO
                          When was the last time we paid a TE $4m/yr? Shockey, maybe?

Comment

Yeah, he better be a monster if he wants to see anything past year 1.
                            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Dude, u people still don't get it? This dudes a perfect firt for our offense and were gonna score a ton of points wth Myers, Nicks, and Cruz and Randle, and Wilson.. I wasen't gassing this signing for nothing, this kid can play!

Comment

Working...
                              X