Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Mara speaks on Cruz

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
    Will Victor Cruz's agent switch help the Giants? John Mara told @SiriusXMNFL tonight, "Well, we ...

... weren’t getting anywhere with the previous agent (Malik Shareef) so hopefully with Tom Condon we’ll be able to get something done. I just don’t have a feel for that one way or another. It’s really up to them. Do they want to take the deal now or take their chances?" #NYG 5 minutes ago

So ready for this to end.....
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Hmm. It almost sounds like he has a take it or leave it offer.

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
      I know

Comment

And so it begins in earnest
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I doubt that's the case
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            I doubt that's the case
            I'm sure it's not as black and white as that... just doesn't sound like this is about to end soon.

Comment

It sounds like they made the highest offer that they are going to make.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                I doubt that's the case
                I'm sure it's not, but it sounds like they think their initial offer is fair, and they aren't going to move too much.

Comment

I guess Cruz's camp is waiting to see if another team makes a move. I doubt he wants to play under a tender. If no-one bites then he'll probably sign.

Comment

God help us all of he goes to the Cowboys. We need to work something out. Tell Eli to help out his favorite target.

Although, the cowboys don't have any cap. Eagles are too high in the draft to make the deal. I still see the Colts, Rams, Vikings all wanting to make this happen somehow.
                    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      God help us all of he goes to the Cowboys. We need to work something out. Tell Eli to help out his favorite target.

Although, the cowboys don't have any cap. Eagles are too high in the draft to make the deal. I still see the Colts, Rams, Vikings all wanting to make this happen somehow.
                      The Cowboys don't have the cap and need their 1st for OL. They also have 2 excellent receivers.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                        I'm sure it's not as black and white as that... just doesn't sound like this is about to end soon.
                        The offer is on the table. Tom Condon has just come on board for Cruz. He's going to look at the language, all of it, and see what the deal is. Because of the tender Cruz and Condon have decisions to make. Do they wait out the entire offer sheet period to see what develops or do they set an artificial time limit? Does Condon KNOW if there will be any offers and, if he does, is there any reason not to negotiate with Reese in good faith?

In one sense, having an offer sheet simplifies things for Cruz. If they like the offer, they just hand it over to Reese who then has 5 days to match or say adios. But, if there is no offer sheet, the Cruz team has two options. Take the tender and risk negotiating a deal during the season. That's a risk for Cruz if he doesn't have a good year. It's a risk for the team if he has a blow out year and will then want even more $$.

I think the sooner Condon and Reese get into face to face conversations things will move fairly rapidly. Let's not forget, Cruz wanted an agent who could work better with the team and now he has that. Judging from Mara's most recent comment the old agent was a road block. It's always better to have negotiators who work well together.

It may take some time, but if they want to get it right. There's is no rush in terms of interfering with team activity right now so I don't know that we can expect a super quick resolution. There are a lot of reasons for Cruz to say yes, will he?
                        Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-18-2013, 09:44 PM.

Comment

I can't wait till this is over.. this is Jeremy Lin x 20

Comment

I'm sure it's not, but it sounds like they think their initial offer is fair, and they aren't going to move too much.
                            Don't believe that. The are going to open with what they all know is a low b all offer. Bear in mind, they were dealing with a hard head which may have affected their original offer. Now they are dealing with a guy they appreciate as a fair negotiator. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                              I can't wait till this is over.. this is Jeremy Lin x 20
                              It takes time to get it right for both sides. They want it done too.

Comment

Working...
                              X