Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Reese Quote on Louis Murphy: We havenít had a guy who can run like this guy."

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Reese Quote on Louis Murphy: We havenít had a guy who can run like this guy."

"I think he's gonna add another dimension to our offense,'' Reese said. "We have a scout named Jeremiah Davis and he talks about guys being a knife. This guy is a knife. This guy can take the top off your defense. He's an interesting guy. He gives us a different dimension in our offense. If we have the same guys, if we have Nicks back healthy and we have Cruz back this guy gives you a deep threat that we havenít had. We havenít had a guy who can run like this guy.''

Seems Reese thinks very highly of him despite a lot of the hate on here.
    Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 03-18-2013, 11:41 PM.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

He's so good that I had to google him to see who he was.

Comment

He is indeed a really good pickup. He will spell our young buck David Wilson some of his ST duties now that he's the lead dog at RB.
      Another great move with lots of upside .
      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Blue View Post
        He's so good that I had to google him to see who he was.
        Shame on you then...

Comment

With the way nicks and Cruz run away from people with YAC sometimes turning routine short passes into long 75 yard TDs. It will be interesting to see how much faster this guy is then them
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Wow, these highlights were from his rookie year. Looks like a pretty darn good rookie year. Who is this guy, why didn't the Raiders keep him, and how did we get him so cheap?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ph1ZYx7EKw

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
              , and how did we get him so cheap?
              He did nothing the last 2 years.

Comment

Eli loves him some deep ball.

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
                  He did nothing the last 2 years.
                  jamarcus russell and carson palmer were his QB's on a team devoid of talent in most areas. he is fast, runs nice routes, goes after the ball, and he can block. he was cheap, what is not to like? I don't get it, if this team signed an all pro at evey position some of you would still complain.
                  Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 03-19-2013, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                    jamarcus russell and carson palmer were his QB's on a team devoid of talent in most areas.
                    Cam Newton was his QB last year.

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                      Wow, these highlights were from his rookie year. Looks like a pretty darn good rookie year. Who is this guy, why didn't the Raiders keep him, and how did we get him so cheap?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ph1ZYx7EKw
                      keep in mind. this was the draft they took heyword bey like 7th overall lmfao. it was my belief that davis simply wanted dhb to be the guy and when murphy started showing he was clearly better, it mucked things up a little. his first 2 yrs in oakland were pretty awesome considering the qbs he had; j.russel and some gradkowszhicki dude lol. but year 3 he either got hurt or there was a FO issue, bc year 4 he was in Carolina.

the reason we got him so cheap is bc wrs are dime a dozen when u get below a 1/2/3 depth chart guy...he simply has to regain those first couple yrs of play which with eli i am 100% confident will happen. this was a great signing imho and he will contribute.

Comment

also, ther eason we got him cheap is bc imo he isnt gonna end up being a #1 or 2 wr. he's a perfect role player though and thats what we need and he can look like a 1 or 2 ironically in being our role player. hes gonna run a lot of the routes MM ran. A lot of downfield stuff just to show defenses they have to keep honest and defend it.

only, and i mean the only downside i see from this, is it will take snaps away from rr. but i dont see that as an issue bc i think we want to develop rr into a #1 or 2 WR. we can use him and murphy as the 3rd wr and both will get plenty of targets.

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                          I don't get it, if this team signed an all pro at evey position some of you would still complain.
                          Who's complaining? Someone asked why he was so cheap, and I answered him.

Comment

he will be our version of baltimore's jacoby jones/a poor mans pierre garcon

Comment

The way the guy blocks is what impressed me the most. In addition, I think he will become a fan favorite right away. Potentially a great pick up.

Comment

Working...
                              X