Giants record in the playoffs since 2007 is 8-1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants record in the playoffs since 2007 is 8-1

The problem is we only made the playoffs 3 times during that span. In 2008, trying to repeat, plax shoot's himself in the leg and shoots our season in the foot and we loss to the eagles in the playoffs at home after a bye as the number one seed.

The other year we missed the playoffs we let a 28 pt 4th quarter lead go to mike Vick and desean Jackson to essentially knocking out of the playoffs. Green bay giants the 6th seed due to our loss, runs the table.

Last year, :P

I am so proud to be a Giants fan, but cant help to think we could of had to more runs at superbowls. You only get so many chances with an elite qb. We certainly let two slip through our fingers.

It's okay, we'll get more playoff wins and a Lombardi this year.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Very true. I felt we were cheated the year plax shot himself. We beat so many good teams that season.demolishing the ravens and in fact beating both SB teams soundly. Then the year we gave up that 28 point lead.. Well I am not so sure how far we could of made it.. Philly could of saved us an early exit
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
        Very true. I felt we were cheated the year plax shot himself. We beat so many good teams that season.demolishing the ravens and in fact beating both SB teams soundly. Then the year we gave up that 28 point lead.. Well I am not so sure how far we could of made it.. Philly could of saved us an early exit
        Still can't believe that happened. No matter how much success we have, that will always hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
          It's okay, we'll get more playoff wins and a Lombardi this year.
          +1 Hell yeah!!!
          2017 Mock Draft

1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
          2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
          3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
          4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
          5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
          6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
          7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

Comment

It's only the regular season where this team struggles. Quite strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsilbs View Post
              The problem is we only made the playoffs 3 times during that span. In 2008, trying to repeat, plax shoot's himself in the leg and shoots our season in the foot and we loss to the eagles in the playoffs at home after a bye as the number one seed.

The other year we missed the playoffs we let a 28 pt 4th quarter lead go to mike Vick and desean Jackson to essentially knocking out of the playoffs. Green bay giants the 6th seed due to our loss, runs the table.

Last year, :P

I am so proud to be a Giants fan, but cant help to think we could of had to more runs at superbowls. You only get so many chances with an elite qb. We certainly let two slip through our fingers.
              Yeah, but would you rather have made it every year and never won? Not me

I dont agree that Burress being an a@# was the only reason we lost that year. But I was at that game with the 28 point lead. That left a mark...

Comment

**** the eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  Still can't believe that happened. No matter how much success we have, that will always hurt.
                  It wasn't just Plax. Strahan had retired and Osi was out with an injury the entire year. Plus Shockey was traded. I didn't like Shockey, but the depth on that team if those players were on the team was phenomenal and the o-line and running game (Earth, Wind and Fire) were awesome.

What a lost opportunity. Kind of like the '89 Giants when they lost to the Rams and Flipper Anderson in the 1st round (I believe it was).

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                    It wasn't just Plax. Strahan had retired and Osi was out with an injury the entire year. Plus Shockey was traded. I didn't like Shockey, but the depth on that team if those players were on the team was phenomenal and the o-line and running game (Earth, Wind and Fire) were awesome.

What a lost opportunity. Kind of like the '89 Giants when they lost to the Rams and Flipper Anderson in the 1st round (I believe it was).
                    Noo the Miracle at the Meadowlands.

Should have clarified.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                      Yeah, but would you rather have made it every year and never won? Not me I dont agree that Burress being an a@# was the only reason we lost that year. But I was at that game with the 28 point lead. That left a mark...
                      had to be ten times worse witnessing that in Person.

True on plax not being only reason. Defense wasnt getting any pressure whatsoever in those last four or five games
                      Last edited by miked1958; 03-19-2013, 02:07 AM.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                        It wasn't just Plax. Strahan had retired and Osi was out with an injury the entire year. Plus Shockey was traded. I didn't like Shockey, but the depth on that team if those players were on the team was phenomenal and the o-line and running game (Earth, Wind and Fire) were awesome.What a lost opportunity. Kind of like the '89 Giants when they lost to the Rams and Flipper Anderson in the 1st round (I believe it was).
                        yea when he caught the TD pass and just kept running up the tunnel like Forrest Gump

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

Working...
                        X