This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get rid of Nicks

The guy has been nicked up (no pun intended) most of the time. We need to allieviate some cap space, and I want Cruz to stay, as well as allow us to have more choices at other positions. I really think keeping both players hurts us overall.

This'll go over well.

Comment

Hells to the NOOOO!!! Nicks is the best WR we have lb for lb and i'm willing to take a chance on him being a bit more healthy going forward because of his talent level, which i think blows Cruz's outta the water.. Nicks has the size and ball skills that make him as pure a number 1 as u can have in the NFL, and i'm not willing to let that go, for anything!

Comment

Originally posted by mainefan View Post
        The guy has been nicked up (no pun intended) most of the time. We need to allieviate some cap space, and I want Cruz to stay, as well as allow us to have more choices at other positions. I really think keeping both players hurts us overall.
        Having Nicks and Cruz is the best option for continued success. CAP space issues we have now aren't going to be as big an issue beyond 2013. Once Cruz has his long term deal they will be able to focus on Nicks and JPP but that doesn't have to happen right now.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Nicks missed 6 games in his 1st three seasons. I'm not sure i'd call that being 'nicked up most of the time'. Last year was bad but I wouldn't start making plans to get rid of him quite yet. Let Cruz play under the tender and evaluate at the end of the season.
          sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

I actually agree though I don't hate Nicks. He is a textbook WR and very good but we have to go long stretches without him (and with him at less than 100%) because of frequent and lingering injuries. Cruz meanwhile is an X-factor, not prototypical at all but something that is rarely seen. Personally I'd rather keep Cruz than Nicks.
            8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

WOW, WOW AND WOW, can't BELEIVE you posted this. Sure he has been nicked a bit, but he is such a complete receiver. Those hands, his route running and playing when he is in pain. Hope we keep him his whole football career.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGabriel View Post
                Nicks missed 6 games in his 1st three seasons. I'm not sure i'd call that being 'nicked up most of the time'. Last year was bad but I wouldn't start making plans to get rid of him quite yet. Let Cruz play under the tender and evaluate at the end of the season.
                There is no denying Nicks is nicked up every year and last year, even though he played through it, it was a much less effective Nicks. That doesn't mean he's always going to be injured.
                Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-19-2013, 12:39 PM.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Why do I think every off season will be different? Sigh.......

Comment

Riiiiiigggggghhhhhht.........could be the worst thread ever started........and that's saying a lot.

Comment

We'd save more money if we cut Eli and had Curtis Painter starting at QB.

Just sayin.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                        We'd save more money if we cut Eli and had Curtis Painter starting at QB.

Just sayin.
                        I think you should start a thread about that.

Comment

Nicks is easily the most trade-able player on the roster if Cruz is signed long term. Just saying.

BTW, He's a much better receiver than Cruz and if he could stay healthy he would be All-Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
                            Nicks is easily the most trade-able player on the roster if Cruz is signed long term. Just saying.

BTW, He's a much better receiver than Cruz and if he could stay healthy he would be All-Pro.
                            They will keep them both I think

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh.......you were serious???
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                              X