Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants' Depth Chart: Free Agency Impact

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Giants' Depth Chart: Free Agency Impact

    http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/3/18...e-agency-draft

    Excerpt: "The 2013 New York Giants look much different than they did a couple of weeks ago, the result of a fairly active week of NFL Free Agency. Below is a look at the Giants' offensive and defensive depth charts as they currently stand.

    Offense
    Defense
    SOURCE: Ourlads" Read more...
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-19-2013, 08:03 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    LG, RT, lock up Cruz, draft for depth, and good to go!
    Do not feed the trolls.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mercury View Post
      LG, RT, lock up Cruz, draft for depth, and good to go!
      agreed but on top of that we also need a SLB and CB
      sigpic
      FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

      2015 season tbd

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mercury View Post
        LG, RT, lock up Cruz, draft for depth, and good to go!
        +1
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

        Comment


        • #5
          Kind of misleading. LG/RG are generally interchanchable (as are LT and RT in that most teams will move one to the other many times).

          Brewer was drafted as an OT (and listed as such). It's deemed he can play all of the line positions except Center (and that only by lack of experience).

          Keith Rivers can play all three LBer positions (assuming he doesn't get a boo boo).

          Louis Murphy already leap-frogged JJ? Lol

          And we desperately need a play making LDE (or RDE if they're adamant about moving JPP over). Our depth is fairly shallow quality wise.

          We also need a CB ... half of those guys I haven't heard of, TT is moving to Safety and Ross was a liability in coverage when he left the Giants.

          We desperately a starting MLB. None of the guys listed fit that category except for Keith Rivers who can't be counted on to stay healthy.

          And we basically have no starting RT (at least until Brewer proves that he can handle it).
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

          Comment


          • #6
            I wonder if the Giants would consider kicking the tires on Rolando McClain who is going to be released before the draft if/when Oakland can't trade him. Thankfully we got JPP instead of him from that draft. Oakland did us a big favor.

            Comment


            • #7
              The secondary is far from ok. Unless Webster has a bounce back year they need help on his side and as much as Hill and Brown showed some good things last year they are still young and Rolle has not played well at Safety.

              Comment


              • #8
                I wouldn't mind if they drafted Vaccaro out of Texas, should he be available at 19.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
                  I wonder if the Giants would consider kicking the tires on Rolando McClain who is going to be released before the draft if/when Oakland can't trade him. Thankfully we got JPP instead of him from that draft. Oakland did us a big favor.
                  Rolando McClain has crohn's disease, which is fairly debilitating (pain wise) and often causes depression (of the medically treated type) in its victims.

                  This is probably (in large part) why McClain has been such a head case (you know ,,, in addition to being a Raider).

                  Not sure I'd want the baggage. But I'm sure the Giants are doing their due-diligence.
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Murphy won't start out ahead of Jernigan. Not saying it won't happen during the year (due to JJ's overall lack on inspiring play). But he probably starts pre-season at the #4 spot.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
                      I wonder if the Giants would consider kicking the tires on Rolando McClain who is going to be released before the draft if/when Oakland can't trade him. Thankfully we got JPP instead of him from that draft. Oakland did us a big favor.
                      We have enough big, slow MLB's . . .. we don't need a big, slow dumb one too!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                        Kind of misleading. LG/RG are generally interchanchable (as are LT and RT in that most teams will move one to the other many times).

                        Brewer was drafted as an OT (and listed as such). It's deemed he can play all of the line positions except Center (and that only by lack of experience).

                        Keith Rivers can play all three LBer positions (assuming he doesn't get a boo boo).

                        Louis Murphy already leap-frogged JJ? Lol

                        And we desperately need a play making LDE (or RDE if they're adamant about moving JPP over). Our depth is fairly shallow quality wise.

                        We also need a CB ... half of those guys I haven't heard of, TT is moving to Safety and Ross was a liability in coverage when he left the Giants.

                        We desperately a starting MLB. None of the guys listed fit that category except for Keith Rivers who can't be counted on to stay healthy.

                        And we basically have no starting RT (at least until Brewer proves that he can handle it).
                        I completely agree!
                        In addition to a starting caliber RT, in no particular order I feel we also definitely need better players at G, LCB, MLB, SLB, DE, DT.

                        We have 8 draft picks. I like the idea of checking the tires on McLain if when he is cut.
                        Last edited by paulj; 03-19-2013, 02:36 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                          agreed but on top of that we also need a SLB and CB
                          Three of the worst players on the team are in your sig lol

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X