Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mara wants us to get tougher on the lines...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mara wants us to get tougher on the lines...

@ProFootballTalk: Mara wants the Giants to get tougher on the line of scrimmage http://t.co/VRZi4GUdVh via @alexmarvez Good read. Also find it interesting that he stated: “Teams ran the ball against us too easily last year. That’s an area of concern. And the offensive line, that performance needs to get a little better, too.” So it's not always about the final score, when you are giving up that many rushing yards, nothing good comes out of that.
    Mood: WOOF!

he wants a better o line yet he kept diehl. you want to stop the run move kiwi back to de. he is to slow for lb dan connor is ok and williams is fast and i think will have a huge year
    sigpic
    FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
      he wants a better o line yet he kept diehl. you want to stop the run move kiwi back to de. he is to slow for lb dan connor is ok and williams is fast and i think will have a huge year
      Reese needs to replace Diehl first...experience before youth...

As much as I dont like Diehl being kept either, the FO needs assurance that they have someone to start over him before letting him go.

Comment

does anyone want to get weaker on the lines?

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
          /red

You mean you dont want a front line made of spaghetti?!

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
              You guys don't get it. Diehl is not nearly the turnstile you're making him out to be. The fact that the Giants are doing what they can to keep him should tell you that if you can't figure it out for yourselves. Yes we need someone to replace him in the starting rotation.

Kiwi will do less to stop the run than a solid DT corps (Jenkins should help in that regard) and better LBer play (that still needs to be addressed ... especially at the MLB position).

Neither Williams nor Connor are SAMs (although Connor could probably play the SAM). I don't agree that Kiwi is too slow for the SAM position ... I'd argue that it's not his natural position (no one was complaining about him in 2011).

Per the OP: I think it was obvious last year that both lines played less than we've become accustomed to seeing. Especially the defensive line.
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                You guys don't get it. Diehl is not nearly the turnstile you're making him out to be. The fact that the Giants are doing what they can to keep him should tell you that if you can't figure it out for yourselves. Yes we need someone to replace him in the starting rotation.Kiwi will do less to stop the run than a solid DT corps (Jenkins should help in that regard) and better LBer play (that still needs to be addressed ... especially at the MLB position).Neither Williams nor Connor are SAMs (although Connor could probably play the SAM). I don't agree that Kiwi is too slow for the SAM position ... I'd argue that it's not his natural position (no one was complaining about him in 2011).Per the OP: I think it was obvious last year that both lines played less than we've become accustomed to seeing. Especially the defensive line.
                Well what I was getting at was, there was much debate (mostly with me in the mix haha) about our run defense. Few people thought that wasn't the biggest area of concern, as long as we kept them out of the end zone. Mara thinks otherwise.

Comment

I want what Mara wants.

Sorry I couldn't provide a more deep and profound statement.
                  "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    Well what I was getting at was, there was much debate (mostly with me in the mix haha) about our run defense. Few people thought that wasn't the biggest area of concern, as long as we kept them out of the end zone. Mara thinks otherwise.
                    Yeah I always hated that debate. Giving up tons of yards leads to giving up lots of scores eventually. Maybe we can keep the less than efficient offenses out of the end zone, but good teams that can move the ball on us will figure out how to punch it in (and have).

Considering 2 of our 3 division opponents have become run heavy teams, it would make that much more sense to concentrate on improving that. And it's not like we had a massive pass rush to compensate for a bad run defense in 2012. That was just as mediocre if not down right bad by our standards.

So I agree with you (and Mara) ... we desperately need to be more stout in the interior.
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Join the club John!

Comment

Yes . . . the Redskins, Eagles and Cowboys!

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          Yes . . . the Redskins, Eagles and Cowboys!
                          BA DUM DUM!

Comment

getting tougher on the D line and stopping the run, wonder why Mara is saying this stuff now when we've been screaming this for the last 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                              getting tougher on the D line and stopping the run, wonder why Mara is saying this stuff now when we've been screaming this for the last 2 years
                              Generally breaking team record lows will do that for ownership.

Comment

Working...
                              X