Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kenny Phillips was a borderline top 5 safety, please let's not slight him now...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny Phillips was a borderline top 5 safety, please let's not slight him now...

...just because he's gone.

Health issues aside, this kid was everything we could of asked for and more.

One of my favorite plays of his was that hit on Mewelde Moore of the Steelers.... wow

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Due to him being injury prone I would put him lower. IMO to be a top 5 player you need to be able to count on them consistently.
    We Want 5!

Comment

the key operative word being "was".

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post

One of my favorite plays of his was that hit on Mewelde Moore of the Steelers.... wow

Let me guess Phillips was also injured after that game?

Comment

If it weren't for those knees he would still be in blue

Comment

It's not a matter of slighting him now that he's gone, in my opinion.

He's gone, in part, because he was not "everything we could have asked for" let alone "and more". You cannot simply set aside his health issues, as you so easily do. His health issues are, and have been since Sept 2009, an integral part of him. Whoever hired him--in this case the Eagles--must account for them and make a decision.

To ignore them in evaluating him for a future contract would be like saying "except for the fact that he's blind he has 20/20 vision".".

Comment

um....he's an Eagle!!!!

It's simple math....

KP is an Eagle. All Eagles suck. There therefore KP sucks!! Does EVERYTHING have to be logical? Geez.
              I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Top 5 safeties don't sign for 1.85 million dollars a year on 1 year deals. Bad move on KP's part.

Comment

I guess my expectations are higher, because I expect more than 3 full seasons out of a safety drafted in Round 1.

Comment

Bob Sanders was great as well.

Comment

I will miss Kenny Phillips and wish him the best, except of course when he is playing against us.

Comment

We're not slighting him. I guess we're just "learning to hate him..."
                        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                          We're not slighting him. I guess we're just "learning to hate him..."
                          LOLOL!!! Kudos!!!
                          We Want 5!

Comment

His play wasn't worth his injuries.

Comment

I just don't agree and mentioned it in another thread. KP protected the back end nicely and played a nice center field. Also preformed well in the box when asked to. top 5? Nah. Top 5 guys are great in center field and therefore pic off passes. 8 in 5 years is pedestrian at best. Not to mention while the giants were better on the back end when kenny played they still struggled with deep balls (and no that isn't all on kp of course). He was oft injured and when he played was a nice starter and I think thats fair to ask of a 1st rounder - everything we hoped for? Maybe, but his health was never good and again he rarely ever CHANGED games. Again did guys not go up top cause 21 was back there - probably, but game changers and top 5 guys force turnovers as well, kenny never did.

Comment

Working...
                              X