Antrel Rolle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antrel Rolle

I was looking at his salary, wow he is overpaid, gotta a feeling he is going to be cut if he does not take a pay cut or reworks his contract, statistically hes been awful. He does not deserve to be paid like an elite safety.

Originally posted by cowboyhater1216 View Post
    I was looking at his salary, wow he is overpaid, gotta a feeling he is going to be cut if he does not take a pay cut or reworks his contract, statistically hes been awful. He does not deserve to be paid like an elite safety.
    this has been beaten to death. first antrel rolle is overpaid but in his defense the contract was restructured. statistically from a cover standpoint he has been awful. the only problem with that is he is a man press cover corner, not a zone guy. he has been misused his entire career. rolle is a beast against the run and has cleaned up many a missed tackle since becoming a giant. he ain't going anywhere this year, probably restructures next year or is released. what pro ball player does deserve the money he/she makes? move rolle back to corner and allow he and prince both to play press coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
      this has been beaten to death. first antrel rolle is overpaid but in his defense the contract was restructured. statistically from a cover standpoint he has been awful. the only problem with that is he is a man press cover corner, not a zone guy. he has been misused his entire career. rolle is a beast against the run and has cleaned up many a missed tackle since becoming a giant. he ain't going anywhere this year, probably restructures next year or is released. what pro ball player does deserve the money he/she makes? move rolle back to corner and allow he and prince both to play press coverage.

Rolle hasn't played corner in years, before his years in arizona. Our Corners should be the fastest guys on the field, and Rolle can't cut it at corner anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
        Rolle hasn't played corner in years, before his years in arizona. Our Corners should be the fastest guys on the field, and Rolle can't cut it at corner anymore.
        Rolle has essentially been our nickle corner the past two seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
          Rolle has essentially been our nickle corner the past two seasons.
          He's talking about playing opposite prince, thank you come again.

Comment

so what is his current 40 time wise one? and we have fast corners who cant play already, minus prince.

Comment

He's talking about playing opposite prince, thank you come again.
              I know what he said. However, you said he hasn't played corner in years. That is false. He has played the nickle A LOT the past two seasons.

Comment

so what is his current 40 time wise one? and we have fast corners who cant play already, minus prince.
                If you think that our current corners are bad, then you'll be surprised at how poorly Rolle plays it. He was drafted in the 1st as a corner and played so poorly at the position AZ switched him to safety. So, do you really think that at this point in his career it'd be wise to switch him back to a position that he wasn't able to handle previously?

Comment

I have no idea, I'm pretty sure they don't regularly time them. I agree Cweb looked absolutely horrible last season but putting substituting Rolle isn't going to help there.

Comment

I know what he said. However, you said he hasn't played corner in years. That is false. He has played the nickle A LOT the past two seasons.
                    We are talking about him taking over Cwebs role. Last I checked Cweb plays outside, and Rolle hasn't played there in years so why would you think I was talking about him playing in the slot?

Comment

Let's see how well Fewell adjusts to the current reality our personnel presents.
                      Giants General Manager George Young recalls, "On his first day back, he wrote on our locker room chalkboard, 'The grass is greener, my butt. P. McConkey.' "

Comment

We are talking about him taking over Cwebs role. Last I checked Cweb plays outside, and Rolle hasn't played there in years so why would you think I was talking about him playing in the slot?
                        Still, the assertion that he has not played CB in years is false.

Comment

Still, the assertion that he has not played CB in years is false.
                          Within context what I said was correct, I would only have to point out that I was talking about outside corner to someone that was too slow to follow along.

Comment

You "deserve" what the market commands.
                            Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

I think that when the eventual injuries come to our Safety's this year, like they do every year, they should just try leaving Rolle in his traditional role and not assign him to the slot. He's not good at it and their weakening two spots -- the injured Safety and Rolle. Rolle is good if just left to do what he does best. Plus, he doesn't get injured.

That being said, yes, he's overpaid and the Giants should ask him to take a cut in salary if they haven't already.

Comment

Working...
                              X