Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Coughlin once tried to hire Chip Kelly

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...ire-chip-kelly

No ill will or disrespect to his family, but I hope Kelly's career mirrors that of Steve Spurrier or Nick Saban. Would love to see the Eagles become our biznatches for the next 8 years. They had an EXTREMELY long run on us starting in 99. It's time to return the favor.

Comment

Notice how it wasn't the OC job he was offered. Gilbride must really have the goods on TC. hahaha
      # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

I guess it just wasn't in the Chip's.

Comment

I shall be telling this with a sigh
          Somewhere ages and ages hence:
          Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
          I took the one less traveled by,
          And that has made all the difference.
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRoc View Post
            Notice how it wasn't the OC job he was offered. Gilbride must really have the goods on TC. hahaha
            Only when we get a new HC and QB will Gibride leave.

Comment

Originally posted by pacco_diablo View Post
              No ill will or disrespect to his family, but I hope Kelly's career mirrors that of Steve Spurrier or Nick Saban. Would love to see the Eagles become our biznatches for the next 8 years. They had an EXTREMELY long run on us starting in 99. It's time to return the favor.
              More like since the 2001-02 season. Giants beat them 3 times in the 2000-01 season and owned the Eagles for years prior to then.
              Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRoc View Post
                Gilbride wasn't our OC at the time, and Kelly wouldn't have been nearly as qualified to be OC anyway.

But the point your post fails to make mention of -- which is pretty funny in the sense that it applies to the premise of your post -- is that Kelly wanted the QB coach gig, which Coughlin wouldn't give him. Gilbride at the time was our QB coach lol.
                My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                  Gilbride wasn't our OC at the time, and Kelly wouldn't have been nearly as qualified to be OC anyway.

But the point your post fails to make mention of -- which is pretty funny in the sense that it applies to the premise of your post -- is that Kelly wanted the QB coach gig, which Coughlin wouldn't give him. Gilbride at the time was our QB coach lol.
                  It was just a joke. Which makes the irony all the more amusing, I must say.
                  # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post
                    More like since the 2001-02 season. Giants beat them 3 times in the 2000-01 season and owned the Eagles for years prior to then.
                    I guess I was thinking about the McNabb years. I think he came into the league around 99. Still they put it to us for a majority of the 2000s, or at least it felt that way.

Comment

Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post
                      It's Andy Reid that has our number. I'd be more convinced of that if the Chiefs beat us but we sweep the Eagles...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                        It's Andy Reid that has our number. I'd be more convinced of that if the Chiefs beat us but we sweep the Eagles...
                        I guess I was thinking about the McNabb years. I think he came into the league around 99. Still they put it to us for a majority of the 2000s, or at least it felt that way.
                        Pretty much. I went through all the numbers of the Andy Reid era earlier in the year

All-time, vs Giants:
                        Andy Reid 17 - 14 Giants

Donovan McNabb 11 - 7 Giants
                        Michael Vick 3 - 2 Giants

QBs, head-to-head:
                        Kent Graham 2 - 0 Doug Pederson
                        Donovan McNabb 5- 3 Kerry Collins
                        Kerry Collins 1 - 0 A.J. Feeley
                        Donovan McNabb 1 - 0 Kurt Warner
                        Donovan McNabb 5 - 4 Eli Manning
                        Michael Vick 3 - 2 Eli Manning
                        Eli Manning 2 - 0 Mike McMahon (lol)
                        Jeff Garcia 2 - 0 Eli Manning
                        Vince young 1 - 0 Eli Manning

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                          Pretty much. I went through all the numbers of the Andy Reid era earlier in the year
                          Interesting stats Flip. I guess it felt a lot worse than it actually was ;-)

Comment

Interesting stats Flip. I guess it felt a lot worse than it actually was ;-)
                            Um...that punt return in 2010 and the playoff loss in 2008 were devastating

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue wins View Post
                              Um...that punt return in 2010 and the playoff loss in 2008 were devastating
                              Yes they were. But I was thinking that somewhere along the lines they had beat up 8 or 9 times out of 10. Maybe it's just my hatred for them that makes every loss feel like 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X